Chapter Three

Auxira's POV:

When I opened my eyes, all I saw was light. Pain shot through my skull, making my head throb and I shut my eyes tightly against it.

As I focused on forcing my eyes to become accustomed to the harsh light, I noticed my arms and legs were bound. After shifting around a bit, I realized I was tied with rope, which was a really stupid thing to tie a druid up with.

Before I could summon enough energy to burn the ropes off, I heard two voices arguing. I couldn't make out what they were saying, so I looked up to see who it was. I immediately regretted it though when the sun, which must have just risen, shined fully into my eyes, making them sting. I groaned and ducked my head down out of the light.

The voices paused, and I heard footsteps heading towards me.

"So she finally wakes up." A male voice chuckles.

"Rolo," a female voice growled "I'm warning you. If you don't.."

"Relax Nyma, she's tied up good. She's not going anywhere."

Yeah right, idiot.

I could snap the ropes as if they were made of paper, as I could to his neck if I got the chance. But I waited. I was curious as to why they left me alive. They clearly hated me, so why let me live?

I glared at the male pirate through slitted eyes.

"What do you want with me? Why am I still alive?" I asked, my voice horse.

"That's what I want to know." Nyma grumbled.

Rolo sighed, as if he'd been dealing with this all night.

"Well, I would like you to tell us where your ship is for starters. You do have a ship, right?"

"Why not go look for it yourselves?" I asked.

Roll started to say something, but Nyma cut him off.

"Yes exactly! Thank you!" She turned on Rolo "See, even she sees the obvious solution here!"

Rolo rubbed his eyes, "Yes but do you really want to have to travel around looking for something that might not be out there. By asking her directly, we save so much time and energy, not to mention rations."

Nyma opened her mouth to object, but I quickly spoke before she could.

"My ship won't fly. Why do you think I asked for yours?"

Nyma sat down and groaned in frustration. Rolo didn't look too upset.

"We could still use some of the parts from either ship to get the other running. So where is it?"

My mind was racing. If I told them, they would just kill me after they got what they needed. If I didn't, they'd probably kill me anyway and look for the ship themselves. Of course I could easily break free and kill them myself. But then I'd still be stranded on the moon with time running out and two broken ships with no one who could fix them.

I saw two options. Both very risky.

One; I could take the pirates hostage and force them to fix my ship.

Or two; I bargain with them, and somehow convince them to take me with them.

The first option would be the easiest route, but the most dangerous and the least likely to succeed. The second would be harder, but if I managed to pull it off, would be less open to failure.

Nyma glared at me, "You gonna tell us, or not?"

I stared at her for a tick, then made up my mind.

"I will tell you, but on one condition. Take me with you when you leave this moon."