Chapter Four

Auxira's POV:

There was a tick of dead silence, and then Nyma laughed incredulously, "How about no!"

Rolo looked slightly surprised, then narrowed his eyes. "I'm with Nyma here. I don't think I'd feel safe with a galra on my ship."

Yeah I doubt anyone would, really.

Out loud I said, "You wont have to worry about me turning you in. I'm not exactly on good terms with the empire right now. And besides, I'm not an officer, I have no idea who you are or what kind of crimes you've committed, and I don't care. I only want a way off this moon."

"Still no." Nyma spat, then walked off. The robot made an accusatory beep, then followed her.

I looked at Rolo. He shrugged. "That's just how it is. So you gonna tell me where your ship is?"

I scowled.

"Ok then. Good luck with the empire." He sighed and began to walk towards Nyma and the robot.

Panic began to wind its way around my throat.

"Wait!" I shouted after him.

He paused, so I continued.

"Please, I honestly mean you no harm. I really need to get off this moon!"

He turned and looked at me with a slightly apologetic look. "And we need to leave too, sorry but we just cant afford..."

I cut him off with a growl, "Listen, if I don't get out of here soon, a lot of bad things will happen. And I'm not saying that as a threat to you, I mean this is critical for the future of the entire universe. And I think since you live in this universe too, it would effect you along with the trillions of others. So please, I don't care how you decide to bring me along, just take me with you!"

Nyma had noticed we were still talking and stomped over to Rolo with an annoyed look.

"Rolo..." she began but he cut her off.

"Why is it so important you leave?" he asked.

"Have you heard of Voltron?"

This surprised him, even Nyma seemed interested now. "I have, what about it?"

"Something is about to happen. If I don't reach them in time and stop it, the Paladins will die. And Voltron will belong to Zarkon. And I need to find them before that happens or the empire catches me. You don't need to trust me, and you don't need to untie me, all I ask it that you take me with you."

Rolo turned to Nyma and raised an eyebrow. "Well, it would be pretty bad if Zarkon got his hands on Voltron. And the Paladins were pretty nice to us considering what we did to them."

Nyma looked conflicted. She glanced at me and the back to Rolo.

"I don't know..."

Rolo apparently took this response as a yes. He turned back to me.

"Alrighty then, we'll take you with us. But you're staying tied up ok, so no escape attempts."

I nodded. I was determined to be a good little captive for however long I was going to be stuck traveling with them.

The remainder of the day went pretty smoothly. I told them where my ship was and Rolo and the robot, who's name I learned was Beezer, went to gather supplies and left me with a disgruntled Nyma. Fortunately they were able to find enough parts to patch the ship up enough to fly off the moon, but they'd needed a proper mechanic to completely fix it. It was around the middle of the night when we finally took off, breaking orbit and blasting off into the stars.

««««»»»»

When I was younger, my mother, Haggar, taught me druid magic herself. Thats about all she would do with me. The other druids I knew were much older than me and almost never spoke. So I didn't really have friends, nor was anyone particularly nice to me either. The nicest memory I have is when a soldier started messing around with me and Haggar blasted him with magic.

In short, the behavior of these pirates was far different from anything I'd ever witnessed. They both would argue from time to time, and Beezer would roll around making weird robot noises, and then the next moment they were working together like a well oiled machine. Most arguments I've seen would either die out followed by a tense silence, or get heated and a fight would break out. This here was completely different territory alltogether. I found myself longing for that kind of friendship with someone.

This observation was rudely interrupted by a painfull reminder of my mission.

We landed on a planet called Hargnl and found a proper mechanic to look at the ship. And thanks to Rolo's skilled patching up of it earlier, the repairs took less time and money than it usually would.

While we we're waiting, I, with Rolos help, convinced Nyma and Beezer to take a couple trips around the city, gathering any information and sightings of Voltron. And, for better or for worse, I was hit with another vision while they were gone, this time I saw where the incident would take place.

I had no idea where that place was, but I figured it wouldn't be to hard to find with the pirates help.
And I was right, the place I'd seen was an asteroid field a couple thousand light years from this planet, and we were on our way by the next varga.