23

Their lips moved in sync, his hand cupping her jaw as he parted her lips with his own letting his tongue move along with hers. They pulled away together to take a breath but soon enough his lips kissed hers again, forcing himself upon her making her lean back without parting their lips till her back hit the floor and he was above her.

He moved towards her neck, his left hand pushing the jacket she had on away from the spot he desired. As soon as he started kissing and sucking at that spot, she let out a sigh of relief. She missed this, she missed his lips and the way her warmth would wrap around her like that.

But his words were swimming in her head, you can't. She can't. He meant that she can't love him but why is he kissing her so lovingly? Why is he biting and sucking on her neck, marking her? Why was he feeling down her waist while leaving kisses around the spot he marked?
She placed her hand flatly on his chest and pushed him away making him fall beside her on his back, both of them staring up at the ceiling. She breathed heavily, the feeling of his lips on her neck still present, a faint ache from the mark he left on her. He made her his but he wasn't hers.

He closed his eyes as his lips pulled up into a smirk, his heart pounding in his chest. He wasn't surprised when she pushed him away, he expected it. He was confusing her and he knew it, they were literally kidnapped but that didn't stop him from wanting to mark her as his own.

"What did they do to you?" Perrie spoke up, breathless. She was changing the subject which made him frown but he answered her anyway.

"They didn't do anything till the day before." Perrie obviously tensed at the thought of them beating him up.

"I..called for you." He admitted, looking up at th ceiling. He doesn't want to meet her eyes, he knew that they'll be so full of love towards him that he didn't know whether he wanted it or not and he didn't want to play her.

"I know, I heard you." She admitted but she turned her head to look at him, her gaze felt so heavy that he had to turn and loot at her too.

"You did?"

"I did. This is why I'm here." He clenched his jaw in anger, why would they do that to her? Why would she put herself in danger for someone like him like that? He doesn't want her to get hurt because of her and once again the his guilty list increased one, calling for Perrie and putting her in danger.

Perrie noticed his anger and mentally scoffed, she turned her head away and whispered. "I'm not Angeline."

"I know!" He suddenly yelled making her flinch, she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. His eyes softened as soon as he realised that he yelled at her.

"I'm sorry. I mean, I know you're Perrie." She nodded her head but her frown was still present.

He sighed and reached for her hand, locking their fingers together. She looked at him in surprise and tried to pull her hand away but he didn't let her, holding onto her hand tighter.

"How did you know?" He blurted, turning his head to stare at the ceiling again.

"What?"

"Angeline. How did you know?"

"You-"

"I never got into details about her. How did you know?"

She bit down on her bottom lip, deciding whether or not she should tell him, he'd be angry that she went through his journal. This was his privacy that she got her nose into and even though she only wanted to help it doesn't mean she can get to know his greatest downfall without his permission.

"I just thought that the reason you call me Angel it's either because someone you loved is called Evangeline or Angeline..?" It came out more as a question, she mentally slapped herself for the lame excuse.

"Yeah, right." He scoffed. "Answer my question. Truthfully."

She was surprised that he wasn't angry at all and he was aking her like it was a casual thing, she turned her whole body to face him, her eyes meeting his as she tried to find some explaination.

Their staring contest continued for minutes, electricity rushing through their veins as their eyes gazed at eachother. it was nearly dawn now and it helped her see clearly his beautiful hazel eyes that she loved, she bit the inside of her cheek as she remebered that she doesn't have a right to admire his beauty, he's given all of himself to somone who no longer exists and he'll never give himself to anyone else, not even to her.
While she stared, he was admiring her blue eyes again. He wondered how could someone be this beautiful? How could you not fall in love with those eyes? Especially those eyes and no one else. Her eyes were her own eyes, they were nothing like Angeline's which is in the most amazing good way. He didn't want to fall in love with her, he couldn't possibly do it again.

He killed his own lover once, what if he did it again? He wouldn't handle it, he'll snap in two. Perrie cared for him, she made that clear from the very first day he broke down in front of her, in front of everyone. The guards, the doctors and the nurses all were trying to just drag him away into a cell but she sat down on her knees and held him tightly against her, forgiving him for his unforgivable mistake and making sure he's fine.

He couldn't tell the difference between Angeline and Perrie but those small moments when Perrie would touch his fave and run her thumb under his eyes as she admired it, when she would hold his hand and massage it with her thumb and when she would kiss him like he's the only one that is meant to her and only her that he would know the difference between Angeline and Perrie.

No one could love him as much as Angeline, that's what he's always thought but he's proven wrong because the way his heart is beating right now under Perrie's gaze, Isn't similar to the way It did under Angeline's.

"We should find a way to get out of this place." She broke the silence, the tension in the air becoming unbearable to her. She stood to her feet and pretended to look around her, distracting herself from him.

"I tried to find a way out of here, found none." She didn't listen to him, though. She continued pressing her hands to the walls and looking behind all the boxes and wood hoping that she'll find a secret door or something.

She continued searching for about half an hour til she gave up and slided down the wall, her eyes looking up at the now clear sky behind the window and it's iron bars.

She let out a chuckle and looked down at her hands, playing with th rings on her fingers. Her eyes eventually finding the only one she has ever loved's eyes once again. The sadness she was feeling in her heart was hurting her, her heart aching. She pressed her lips in a tight line as more chuckles escaped her lips.

Zayn was confused by her sudden change of mood, his eyebrows furrowed. "What?"

She let out a laugh, "You know what? I'm not who I look like. This," she pointed at herself then dropped her hands to her lap, "This is not who I am. I know what people think of me when they first meet me, blonde hair, blue eyes and whit skin, she was obviously the most famous person in college and dated a lot of guys but that never happened, it's not true."

"I was a simple young girl when I was in college, I had my childhood bestfriend with me at all the times and he never let me have a love life. He was more than enough for me, he was the man I needed in my life and I was so dependent on him that I didn't even realise that I made him fall for me, he confessed it to me a few days ago."

"I never fell for anyone, I have no ex boyfriends or a current one. I've always been alone with my bestfriend but now, I'm so in love and the person I'm in love with is so in love with someone who is not me but has my face." She looked up through her eyelashes and saw him watching her carefully, his eyes trying to study her body language.

"You know what makes it even worse? That because of me and only me, he's in danger with hundred more patients. How is that fair? What did I ever do to deserve such blame? I've always been a good person to everyone, atleast I tried. Maybe it wasn't enough, was it?" Her voice broke at the end but there were no tears to shed, only her heart broke inside her chest.

He opened his mouth to speak making a flame of hope shine in her at the thought of him maybe trying to return her love, to tell her that it wasn't her fault and it was only her father's and everything is going to be okay but as soon as he opened his mouth, he closed it, casuing the flame of hope to disappear and only blame and guilt settle in her heart.