Chapter 4: Begone, Bullies

"Rai! Wake up! Are you ok???" I voiced shouted to me.

I opened my eyes, adjusting to the bright light.

"Rai! It's Monday! You slept all weekend!" Matt yelled.

"W-what..." I said sleepy. I slept all weekend? Why didn't he wake me up on Saturday? I was too tired to ask.

I went to my room and changed into my pink sweater and green mini skirt. I ate an apple, grabbed my bag, and went back to Matt's room.

"Wanna walk to school? It might help you wake up more," Matt smiled.

"Sure, whatever," I sighed.

We walked out of the apartment and down the stairs. We followed the gray sidewalk and dewed grass to our school. It was nice weather, sunny with a cool breeze. Of course, this moment of happiness didn't last too long. Jessica and Parker walked next to us.

"Hiya, shorty's," Jessica sneered at me and Matt.

"Hey! You can be mean to us!" Matt glared at Jessica.

"Oh, and why's that?" Jessica looked at Matt, and so did Parker. I didn't want Matt to get involved...

"Because... I'm gay," Matt blurted out, and I almost burst out laughing.

Somehow, that did something. Jessica was red, and Parker seemed shocked. They fell behind, and I looked at Matt.

"How. . ?" I asked Matt, and he shrugged.

"Maybe they have a thing against bullying gay people?" Matt questioned. "I just said it cause it's the first thing that came to mind."

"Hey, Matt, why didn't you wake me up sooner?" I asked him. It's not like I had 3 hours of homework I missed or anything. It was 4 hours of homework I missed.

"Duh, I was asleep too. I only woke up because of my school alarm," Matt shook his head, and I felt bad about almost yelling at him for being an idiot.

We continued to walk, and finally arrived at school. We waved away, and I went to the library. Brown oak shelves stacked 7 feet high, with a step ladder for those too short to reach. They covered the whole room, so much you couldn't see the wall. Light brown chairs and tables were in the middle, along with a black rug that said 'Read More!' in white letters. A single light hung above on the ceiling, with desk lamps on each table. 

To my surprise, Jack was sitting at one of the tables, book and hand. He saw me, smiled, and waved me over. I groaned. 

"Hey, Peachy, I got something you might want to know," Jack grinned.

I looked around. The librarian wasn't around. Good. 

I walked over to Jack, who acted like our last conversation didn't happen.

"It's about the Tony's," Jack smiled. This got my attention.

"What?" I asked.

"Apparently, their dad died six years ago. Shot in the head by a homophobic man."

I jumped back a bit. 

"Wait, homophobic?"

"Yeah, their dad was married to Dan Callden. They adopted Jessica and Parker. They ended up getting divorced," Jack said, like I should've known all this. 

Now their reactions made sense. They freaked out when Matt said he was gay, because their dad was gay.

"They loved their dad with all their heart," Jack smiled.

"Where did you learn this?!" I questioned Jack. I didn't expect a full answer.

"Funny what you can learn with a little stalking," Jack stood up and walked out, leaving me full of questions.

Suddenly, an announcement went off. 'Jessica and Parker to the office, please. Jessica and Parker to the office, please. Thank You.'

I wondered why those two were called to the office. I shrugged it off and looked at the book Jack was reading. It was the yearbook of last year. I picked up the red and purple book, and noticed the page he was on was the page with my picture on it. Creepy. 

The bells went off, and I hurried to my class. 

************

It was 9:21, math class. I were learning something that was related to shapes and their diameters: Aka, I didn't care. Sitting in the front has it's issues, though. I was always called on. So, I kinda was forced to listen.

'BEE BOO BEE BOO BEE BOO!' The evacuation alarm went off, and the class was put into panic. We were only allowed to have one evacuation drill each year. We already had out drill last quarter.

"E-everyone! Outside!" my teacher grabbed her list and rushed us outside.

We all got outside to the pavement and walked down the street. We walked around 15 minutes to the park. We all sat in the wet field, freaking out. Our teachers wouldn't tell us why we evacuated, which made us freak out more. 

I found Jack and Matt and went over to them.

"What the hell is happening?!" Dede appeared over my head. I glared at her.

"What are you looking at?" Matt asked.

"Ahem, nothing. What's happening?" I looked at Jack, expecting him to know.

"Ask Jessica and Parker, would you?" Jack grinned creepily.

I looked around, and, shockingly, Jessica and Parker were nowhere to be found. I started panicking more. Then, the police arrived. 

"It's been confirmed," one of the police officers said, and took off his hat.

"What has?!" many students, including myself, yelled.

"Jessica and Parker Tony...are both dead."

My heart stopped for a second. Dead?

Everyone started to panic more. They were crying, running around, punching random trees out of anger. Most of my school cared about those two.

Suddenly, the policemen handcuffed Principle Tony. "And this guy is to blame."

Somehow, even for panic. Nobody liked our Vice Principle, Ms. Kin. She was... interesting to say the least.

"Wait, why am I  the one to blame?!" Mr. Tony yelled in rebellion. "They killed themselves! I didn't kill them!"

As Mr. Tony was dragged away, we were dragged back to school, only to be dismissed. School would be cancelled for a while. 

As I walked towards the sidewalk, Jack grabbed my shoulder. He brought me to the back of the school. As, I gasped.

Jessica's body was face down, with a bullet hole in her head. Next to her, Parker's body was the same, without the bullet hole. A gun was in his hand.

Before I even knew, I was crying. Crying over people I hated, that bullied me. Why?