02: Turning Point

Chanyeol has been stared at since ever, but the stares he was receiving now were making their way into his mind, turning him into a sweaty mess. He despised all those hard, judging stares which reduced the oxygen in his lungs and made him feel like absolute trash. "Park Chanyeol." He blinked, the voice of his teacher echoing in his ears in a constant mantra. His sight crossed her eyes, looking at her nervously, while all students were staring at him with amused expressions on their faces.

"Can you read it now, please? We're waiting." The brunette gulped, looking at the paper in front of him while sweat drops were painting stains on it. R-Read? I can't- "Chanyeol! Read or you have to go out." I- can't. Chanyeol bit his lips, closing his eyes tightly while his teacher suddenly grabbed his arm. "Pack your stuff and leave the classroom, now!" His teachers voice echoed in his ear as he grabbed his pack and his camera, making his way out of the room while his eyes were fixed on the ground.

The door was closed behind him, leaving him all alone in the school hallways. Alone. You're alone again. He slid down the wall, closing his eyes as he leaned his head on the wall, rethinking the boy's feature he had seen today. This soft skin, his brown orbs and his chocolate brown hair. He was just perfection and made Chanyeol's thump faster than he had ever imagined. It almost felt like he was flying on clouds, oxygen stuck in his lungs while on the other hand his heart was about to explode out of his chest.

I have to see him again. He opened his eyes, noticing that he didn't even know his name, or in which class he was, which dramatically reduced the chance to see the boy again since the school was pretty big. Idiot. He sighed deeply, glancing at the blue, dirty lockers in front of him, watching how the blue butterfly from this morning made its way on one of them again.

A smile made its way on Chanyeol as he stood up in light-speed, grabbing his camera to finally take a shoot of this beautiful creature and capture its beauty in his camera roll. Click, and the shoot was done, looking dazzling and perfect as he imagined it would look like. His eyes started to shine, the wide smile still present on his lips. Is that coincidence? Like how usual was it to see the same butterfly for the second time the day? Maybe, maybe it was a sign that he would the boy again as well. Maybe this way his fate.

Could he be the one who was going to save Chanyeol from the nightmare he was chained in?

***

The rain was slowly soaking Chanyeol's hair as he sat on the bench, his eyes fixed on the with dirt captured ground while a thousand of thoughts were rushing through his crowded mind. He needs to be saved. His entire body felt like it was being ripped in pieces but there was no pain. Why?

Why wasn't he able to feel pain? What was even pain? His sight was pinned on the ground as his breath became harder and harder, his inside becoming dizzy all sudden but he just didn't care. He wanted to blend out everything, totally soaking into his troubled thoughts which only consisted of one thing. Him. Rain touched his upper lip, gliding down of his chin and plopping on the ground as a smile made its way on his lips. I will find you.

While he was chained in his thoughts and all the feelings rushing through his body, a hand suddenly tapped him on his shoulder, pulling his attention in an instance. He glanced at the right side in confusion, taking in the face of an old, rusty man who was holding a bottle of beer in his hand while his clothes were stained with dirt, making them look fusty.

"You should go home or you'll get sick." The man sat on the ground as Chanyeol realized how the rain had already soaked him to his socks. He grabbed his bag instantly, checking on his still dry camera with relief. Nothing happened to it.