Chapter 6

"What was that?" Shiro questioned me as I sat down on my makeshift bed.

"I don't know." I murmured barely audible still Shiro still managed to hear.

"What do you mean you don't know?" He question harsher this time.

"I just don't know." I replied

"Well at least you earned some money." He counted through the money. I released Skitty and Fennekin. Fennekin layed beside me as if we were one. While Skitty on the other hand bounced up and down on me, forcing me to roll over. I lay on my back facing the stars two amazing pokemon at my side. So there I slept for a very long time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amazingly it wasn't Skitty, Fennekin, or even Shiro and his pokemon that woke me up. It wasn't danger nor smoke or cries of young children. And most importantly it wasn't her.

I awoke to sunshine. Something I was still meeting I didn't know sunshine well, however it seemed to have always known me.

Shiro wasn't up yet he had slept with. Sunrise? I think, before today. Plus his bed had a roof and wasn't faced towards the sunrise. But I enjoyed it. For the thousandth time I was jealous of Shiro's jumping powers. Just so I could greet the sun but jealousy wouldn't do me any good. So looked around for some food and a place to cook.

I found some berries, a burner, and a pot there was a tap over on the other side of our home. Luckily it worked and I filled up the pot with the water. Skitty and Fennekin woke up at the same time and bounced over to me.  

 We cooked together even though they didn't help at all.  It was sunny and it took a long time fo Shiro to wake up. 

"Huh? Who are? Wait never mind I remember." He added an apoligetic laugh at the end. And I was kinda glad for that. I gave him his pokemon and my pokemon the adequate amount of food necessary for survival. But only after everyone was full did I take any for my own. The soup tasted good, or maybe it was stew? But I didn't really care it hadn't mattered then and it still didn't matter now.

I rinsed out the pot, and washed the bowls that I had found in an old crate. I thought about the night before and if anyone would recognize me. But they probably wouldn't since Lumiose was such a big city and all.

I started cleaning up the area, letting Fennekin and Skitty play. I found useful supplies around the camp for which I used to clean up. I spent most of the day building and cleaning up what was already built. Shiro stopped by a few times with food and cooking supplies. It was very helpful. 

By the end of the day I had copmpletely finished my room, started Shiro's room, made shelves and crates for our stuff, and made a door to our home. It's funny how with so many resources I could do so much in a short amount of time.

Shiro came in for the night looking grim. He held what seemed to be a newspaper. I never learned how to read. I never had the time or the resources. But somehow I managed to build a vocabulary. I knew I wasn't normal that's what she said my entire life. Even though I didn't want to listen I still did. Maybe being weird was ok? I mean what could be so wrong with...

"Hey take a look at this." Shiro called to me he was sitting on the ground by our skylight. reading he pointed me to a certain part.

"I can't read." I said curtly I hoped he wouldn't make something out of it. 

"You can't read?" it would be a weird question to anyone else. But I think Shiro was starting to get that I was weird.

"No..." I sat down next to him.

"Well the news talks about you and your preformance. They say you did an astounding job, that your monolouge came straight from the heart." Shiro looked at me I gave him a weak smile. This wasn't going to be good. 

"They didn't have anything bad to say, in the danger that you might actually be homeless." he continued to read the paper so I just went to make dinner.