Chapter 7

I had been living there for a while when I discovered something odd. I found a pokeball covered in dust lying on the ground. I've been meaning to ask Shiro about it but I forget about it alot. And whenever I remember he's gone.

It's hard to figure out what I'm gonna do. But at least the house looks nice. I call it a house now that we have functioning rooms and a roof. Kitchen tables and chairs. 

But today I'm doing something special. I'm gonna go outside and catch some pokemon! I know it will be harder than Skitty. But I'm willing to take my chances after all Skitty and Fennekin have grown quite reckless.

I opened the door after Shiro had left. I didn't exactly know my way through the city but getting lost is half the fun I guess. We managed to get out of the tunnels into the city. Thankfully it was sunny so it would be a nice day. I hoped.

 I held Skitty through the alleyways. (I felt like Fennekin was more responsible.) We hadn't realized how many people were in Lumiose City, until we were unveiled from the shadows into this huge city. 

Noises were coming from everywhere. But I had my priorities, we were going to earn money! Not with acting but with battling people! My enthusium didn't reach my face so I heard shouts of "Cheer up it's a nice day!" and "Hope you have a nicer day." and after I was bombarded with all these nice words. I picked up Fennekin while holding onto Skitty. And I smiled.

It was nice to be smiling without Shiro. Shiro was nice and funny so he made me laugh alot. But it felt different having absolute strangers make you smile. I kept walking avoiding cars and Gogoats. Whose name I learned from people shouting, "Go go Gogoat!" everything was easier to navigate while smiling. I went off onto a random route that was close to Professor Lysandre's lab. I believe it was route 4. I wandered off for awhile. Until I came upon something with all these people talking about a battle.

"I just earned my gym badge!" someone said "Good job!" came another voice. There were hundereds of people with cameras. So I snuck around to the door. When I went inside I saw breathtaking photograhphs. And one attendant standing by an odd patch of floor.

"Are you here to battle her too?" the man said.

"Yes I am." I tried to sound confident and it actually worked! 

"Well then step up right here." he pointed to the patch of floor. I nodded in thanks. Then out of nowhere I rose up into a huge area with the floor looking like a spiders web. I didn't have any trouble balancing on the sticky cables. So I went right ahead and up to the lady at the far end of the gym. Which I believe it was called. 

"Another one? Well I guess this time I'll have to beat you if I want to stay a gym leader!" after her monolouge she said "Go surskit!"

And out of the ball came a blue spider-like thing.

"Go Skitty!" I called out and pointed to the battle field. Skitty ran up and touched the surskits face with it's nose. Then Skitty ran back to its side of the field.

"Surskit use Raindance!" she called out. "Skitty use Tail Whip!" Both of our attacks worked! Even though she hadn't attacked her move still worked. I wasn't sure what she did but I knew it was to help her. Quickly I remembered something that Shiro said was odd about Skitty.

"She already knows blizzard? That's not normal for a wild Skitty."  Shiro said when I scanned the pokedex over her for her moveset.

"Skitty use Blizzard!" I called out Skitty looked back at me and nodded. She turned to the lady and unleashed her full powers. The Surskit was down and didn't look like it was coming back up.

"Good job Skitty! Come back over here." I shouted to her. Skitty obeyed with a small "nya!" to the other team.

"Surskit return." The gym leader said.

"Now go Vivillion!" The gym leader threw out her pokeball onto the field. I honestly wasn't expecting that.

"Go Fennekin!" I pointed towards the field as I had before with Skitty. 

"Vivillion use Infestation!" "Fennekin use Ember!" I didn't know what would happen but I hoped I would win. 

Vivillion's Infestation was working but so did Fennekin's Ember. I didn't know what was going to happen. That absolutely scared me. But I didn't care since right now I had to win this battle for Fennekin!

"Fennekin use Tackle!" it worked only since Vivillion was so close to the ground. Vivillion was badly hurt but the battle still wasn't over.

"Vivillion Struggle Bug!" The leader comanded

"Ember Fennekin! You can do it!" I called out

Fennekin's Ember finished the match. I was glad. I got a shiny badge to go into a case she gave me. I told her I was sorry that she lost. But she just shrugged and said. "I'm the trainer for beginners. I'm supposed to lose." 

I got a lot of money so I took Skitty and Fennekin for ice cream. It was a nice day and we got some more money from trainers on our way home. We got there before Shiro and so we cleaned up the place.

Shiro got there a few hours later when I was about to go to sleep. I told him the story, showed him the badge, then I went to bed.