Chapter 1: Things Change

JANUARY 31st, 2020: Please don't judge this story too harshly...I was a young teenager who had a passion for writing but little experience and skill. I've gotten much better since then (I actually know how to describe things now...a miracle!) and am working on some original things. My new account is kindslytherin21, so if you'd like to see proof that I've definitely improved...it's over there. This all being said...if you can enjoy this story as poorly as it is written, then I'm glad! If not...then I apologize, for I did NOT know what I was doing all those years ago.

I do not own Naruto, it is owned by Masashi Kishimoto. I do own Namokia 'Cat' Ariu.

Girlfriend of the Kazekage

Chapter 1: Things Change

                Gaara was strolling through Sand Village when someone caught his eye. It was a young girl about his age with black hair up to her ears and piercing green eyes, she resembled a cat if you thought about it. When she noticed that he was staring at her she turned to run, but her bag ripped open and all of her belongings fell out into the streets. She knelt down as much as she could in her tattered clothes and started to shoved her things haphazardly back into her torn bag.

                Gaara rushed away from his older brother Kankuro to help the girl. He wasn't usually this nice but there was just something about her eyes...

                "Thank you sir," she practically whispered to Gaara. Her voice was very soft and it sounded as though she were singing.

                "Your welcome," he started to stack her many books in a neat pile in her bag. He picked up a certain book and read the cover. "Have you read this?"

                The girl looked up and smiled when she saw her book, "Oh, yes. Many times, have you?"

                "Yes, it was pretty good for a romance," he answered as he slid the book into the bag. The girl looked back down. "You're not from here are you?"

                "No," she laughed. "I traveled from the Village Hidden in the Sound to here. It was getting out of hand, so I left."

                "Oh, what's your name?" Gaara asked.

                "Namokai Ariu, but I'm called Cat," she put the remaining books back into the bag.

                "I can see why," he said.

                "Huh?"

                "You have eyes and hair striking like a cat, so that's what they call you," he explained.

                "Oh," she said in relief. "Have you ever heard of the Soundless Cat of Hidden Sound?"

                "Yes, why?"

                "Just wondering," she lied.

                "Gaara," a boy in a black and purple mask tapped Gaara on the shoulder. "I just received a message from Baki, he needs to speak with you."

                "Tell him I will be about 20 minutes, Kankuro," Gaara replied.

                "Baki needs you, now," Kankuro said. Gaara nodded and helped Cat up.

                "Cat, do you have a place to stay?" Gaara asked.

                "No sir," Cat answered.