Chapter 9: Killing the Kazekage- Part 2

Gaara’s P.O.V

“Tobi is a good boy, Tobi doesn’t deserve to die!” the boy in the ash covered orange mask runs from one end of the hall to the other. Dei steps into the hallway and holds a hand straight out towards Tobi.

“Katsu!” a small explosion makes Tobi scream. “You baka, we’re not going to die, yeah!”

“Tobi’s on fire!” Tobi runs past Dei back and forth, the edge of his already burnt and tattered cloak in flames. “Deidara- Sempai, help Tobi!”

Temari waves her giant weapon fan so that the gust of wind would blew out the small fire.

“Thank you for helping Tobi, lady!” Tobi pants as he walks into the room, Deidara stay in the hallway staring at nothing in particular.

“What’s wrong Sempai?” Tobi asks, staring in the same direction. I walk over with Cat and we stare also. All we see is a window with billowing curtains. “Why are you staring at the window?”

“I don’t know, yeah,” he shakes his head to clear his thoughts and goes back into the cell. He looks over everyone and then at Cat and I. “We have to find a way out of this house, hmph.”

“Yes, I agree with Dei,” Sasori nods. Cat is just continuously staring at the window. She moves away from me and to the window slowly. “Lord Kazekage, what should we do if all they want to do is kill you?”

I stare after Cat; she looks out the window into the darkness. I hang my head in silence, I have a choice: everyone dies, or I die.

“Gaara,” Cat says, sadness tinting her voice. “We can get through the window.”

“Yes but not the barrier,” Temari points out. I stare at the ground speechlessly thinking about what I am about to do.

“Yes you can,” I say. Cat turns from the window suddenly, tears fill her eyes as if she knows what I am about to say.

“Don’t Gaara, don’t please!” she runs over to me and grabs my arm. Don’t do it, it isn’t worth it!”

“Yes it is Cat,” I argue louder than I had hoped. Tears fall out of her eyes and she hugs me tightly, I feel wet warmth on my own cheeks and realize that I am also crying. I kiss her smooth short black hair and push her chin up with my finger; I stare into her deep green eyes.

“G- Gaara don’t d-do it, p-please!” she begs between sobs. I wipe her tears away with my thumbs and kiss her gently.

“It’s the only choice Kitty- Cat,” I insist.

“N-no it isn’t Gaara, we can f-find a way to g-get out of h-here!” she says.

“Gaara what are you SAYING?” Temari demands. I break away from my girlfriend and look them all over, fighting the tears that were already spilling over my cheeks.

“I’m saying that I will die.”

Kankuro’s P.O.V

“Where did everybody go?” I ask the empty room. One of the Suna guards walk in when they hear me.

“Didn’t you hear?” he wonders. “Lord Kazekage was captured by the Akatsuki again.”

“Again?!” I whine. “Why didn’t anybody tell me?!”

“I thought you knew sir,” he says.

“Alright, where are they now?”

“In the heart of Konoha underground at Noketsu Ariu’s house,” he answers.