Chapter 3: Soundless Cat of Hidden Sound

Baki easily fended off Cat, but that was what she planned. She jumped onto her bed and touched the claw marks again, her fingernails grew long and sharp and her teeth turned into fangs. Baki backed up when he saw her and ran out of the room. Cat quickly turned back to normal and ran into the bathroom. Gaara ran after her, but before he could get to her she slammed the door in his face.

Cat’s P.O.V

I knelt down in front of the sink in my bathroom; I leaned back against the cool surface of the cabinet under the sink. I can’t believe I just did that! I can’t believe that I did it in front of Baki of all people! The person hunting me!

“Cat, what’s wrong?” Temari asked, leaning her face against the side of the door. I didn’t answer I just cut the shower on to drown out her and Gaara’s pleas for me to open the door.

“Let’s just leave her alone, I think she wants to take a shower,” Gaara said. Tears started to pour from my eyes as I took off my clothes and neatly folded them into a pile. Then I sat in the shower and waited until I was sure it was dark and my friends had gone to sleep.

Then I cut the shower off, got out, and got dressed. I very carefully opened the bathroom door and saw Gaara asleep on my bed. I grinned and walked over to him, I waved my hand in front of his face to see if he was really asleep, he was. I tiptoed to my closet and pulled out a spare cover, I walked back over to him and covered him up.

“Goodnight Gaara,” I whispered to him, and then I made my way to his bedroom. If he was going to sleep in my bed, I was going to sleep in his! I kept the light off and felt my way to his bed, there was enough moonlight coming through the window to see that the bed was empty. My eyes were forcing to close on me; I lie on the bed and quickly fall asleep.

*Next morning- Cat’s P.O.V*

“Gaara,” Baki’s voice floated into my room, I wanted to scratch his eyes out for waking me up, but then I remember that he isn’t waking me up he’s waking Gaara up. But he I wasn’t Gaara, I was just sleeping in his bed! “I have found the Soundless Cat.”

My eyes opened wide at his words, “Mhm.”

“I have to tell you that it’s Namokai! Didn’t you see her last night?” he exclaimed. I burrowed down deeper into the sheets. I heard Baki leave and I sat up, relieved that the idiot was gone. Then I got out of the bed and went into my own room, but Gaara was still asleep. I sighed and grinned, I decided t get dressed in my bathroom. I looked down at myself and realized that I was still in that revealing dress I wore yesterday. I grabbed the green outfit with claw marks and black pants; I ran into the bathroom and put them on. When I walked back out of the bathroom, Gaara was still asleep.

I decided to make his bed before i woke him up, I made my way back to his bedroom. After I had made his bed I went back to my bedroom and woke Gaara up.

“Good morning bed stealer!” I whispered into his ear. His eyes flew open and he looked around, he saw my canopy and turned red.

“Whoops…” he mumbled. “Where did you sleep?”

“Your bed,” I gave him an eye- closed grin and he grinned. “Baki woke me up.”

“He didn’t see you did he?!” he grabbed my shoulders. I shook my head fiercely and he let me go. “Good.”

“But, he did say some things about me…” I let my voice trail off as I avoid Gaara’s worried stare.

“What did he say to you- err me…?” he demanded, lifting my chin. I could see my reflection in his eyes, his tired eyes. I shook my head and moved away from him.