Chapter 4

Jericho and Justice knocked on Casey's door then waited as they heard footsteps coming. The door opened to reveal Casey, her face was a little red from where the human hit her making Jericho almost growl. He wanted to find Sam and beat him up to show him he can't treat females like that.

"It's nice to finally meet you Mr. North" Casey said.

"Please just call me Justice" he saipd. "May we come in?"

"Of course" she said moving out of the way. They walked inside and saw Gracie staring at them. She had her mother's hair and eyes and at that moment Jericho knew that if he let her she would have him wrapped around her little finger.

"Gracie, this is Justice and Jericho" she said.

"Hello" she said. Jericho noticed the splint on her arm and had to hide his reaction so he didn't scare her. Justice held out a plastic bag that had containers with their food in it. Casey took it and thanked them before going over to the coffee table and setting it down. She got out the containers and checked a total of three containers, picking the last one that had chicken nuggets and macaroni and cheese, she set it in front of Gracie. She handed the plastic spoon to her before straightening up.

"Mommy is going to go talk to them in the kitchen so stay in here and eat, okay?" Casey said.

"Okay" Gracie said. They went into the kitchen and sat at the island.

"I looked over your photos and heard what you said about a story behind every picture and have decided that I would like to offer you the job." Justice said.

"Thank you so much I won't let you down I promise." Casey said smiling.

"Glad to hear it" he said. "You might have to travel to Homeland sometimes but we have females who can watch your daughter while you are gone or you can bring her with you."

"Not to be presumptuous but does that mean we can stay here?" She asked.

"Yes" Justice said.

"Don't you want to know what happened." She asked.

"We know what happened" Justice said. "For safety reasons we monitor every incoming and outgoing calls."

"So you heard everything I said to my mom?" She asked.

"Yes" Jericho said.

"If it was any other place I would have been pissed but since it's the NSO I will let it go." She said.

"We just want to let you know that we won't allow that human in here." Justice said.

"Thank you" she said.

"You're welcome" he said. Jericho felt something pulling on his pants and looked down to see it was Gracie.

"Why are your eyes red?" She asked.

"Gracie!!" Casey gasped.

"Why are your eyes blue?" Jericho responded.

"I was born like that" Gracie said.

"So was I" Jericho said. Gracie smiled at him before saying something that shocked him.

"I like you" she said before turning abd running back into the living room.

"I'm sorry about that" Casey said. "She can be nosy sometimes."

"It's okay" Jericho said.

"We will leave you alone to eat now." Justice said standing up. "There is going to be a fundraiser tomorrow at the cafeteria. I will have of the males bring you over and have a female watch Gracie if you would like." Jericho didn't like that idea one bit.

"I will take her" he said. Justice gave him a suspicious look while Casey just looked at him. A second later Justice cleared his throat.

"You may dress up if you like since it is formal dress."

"Uhm, I didn't bring any clothes and my equipment is in my car." Casey said.

"I will get the task force to stop at your house and get your things, just give us your address and it will be done." Justice said.

"We will have someone get your equipment out of your car." Jericho said. Casey told them her address before clearing her throat.

"While your task force is at my house could they bring back a picture of my dad. It's on my bedside table and it is very precious to me?" She asked.

"No problem, I will get them on it right now." Justice said before pulling out his phone and leaving the house.

"I will pick you up tomorrow at one." Jericho said.

"Okay see you tomorrow" she said. Jericho nodded before turning at walking to the front door. As he opened the door a small body latched itself to his leg. He looked down to see Gracie smiling up at him.

"You leaving?" She asked.

"Yes" he said.

"Why?" She asked.

"Because I have too" he said.

"Stay with me" she said.

"Gracie, let go of Jericho's leg" Casey said.

"No, I like him" Gracie said.

"It's not polite to latch yourself to someone's leg." Casey said extracting her daughter from his leg.

"No, he's mine" Gracie said breaking away from her mother to latch herself on to his leg again. Jericho's heart squeezed at that statement. He was in serious trouble of falling in love with the little girl. Jericho knelt down making Gracie let go of his leg.

"You should be more careful with your wrist." He said.

"I want you to stay" Gracie pouted. Jericho looked up at Casey who stared back at him before he looked back at Gracie.

"I must leave but I promise that I will come back tomorrow."

"Promise?"

"I promise" Jericho smiled making sure not to show his fangs. Gracie smiled back at him before doing something that shocked him. She moved forward and wrapped her little arms around him and hugged him. He froze for a few seconds before hugging her back.