Chapter 6

Jericho looked behind her to see Tiny. Tiny was a gifted New Species and wasn't supposed to be here. Where was Kit?

"Tiny, what are you doing here" he asked. Tiny stayed a few feet away from him so she couldn't touch her even though he would never do that.

"Something came up with Kit so I volunteered to watch the child." Tiny forced out.

"Are you sure?" He asked. "I can get one of the other females to do it."

"I want to get over my fear of humans and this is the best way to do it." Tiny said. Gracie moved around Jericho and went down the two stairs till she was standing in front of Tiny.

"I'm Gracie Smith" she said.

"I'm Tiny" she said.

"Why do they call you Tiny?"

"Cause I'm small" Tiny said. Gracie looked at her before nodding as if saying "she'll do" before reaching out and taking Tiny's hand making Tiny tense. Jericho tensed ready to grab Gracie incase Tiny has a meltdown and attacks.

"Come on let go in my house" she said then waited. Tiny looked down at Gracie's hand before closing her eyes and taking a deep breath. A minute later she opened her eyes and Jericho saw determination in them. She took a step forward making Gracie smile

Jericho relaxed and turned around to tell Casey it was okay only to find her right in front of him so close that his chin could comfortable rest on her head.  He heard her gasp a bit before she slowly looked up. She was so beautiful and the way she was looking at him right now made him feel like a male, not a male who scares females with his eyes.

"Jericho, you have to move" Gracie said. Casey blink and looked away before stepping back. Jericho quickly got his wits back and moved aside. Gracie and Tiny entered the house before going over to the couch.

"Gracie, I should be back later" Casey said grabbing her camera out of it's case.

"Okay" Gracie said.

"Tiny, thank you for watching her" Casey said.

"No problem" Tiny said. Casey went over to Gracie and kissed her head.

"Love you"

"Love you too" Gracie said. Casey then turned around and went back to Jericho. They left the house and got in the truck before Jericho drove them to the cafeteria. When they arrived Justice, Tiger and two woman she recognized was waiting for them. They got out of the truck and went up to them.

"Hello, I'm Jessie" she said holding out her hand.

"I'm Casey, it's a pleasure to meet you" she said shaking her hand.

"I'm Zandy" Zandy said holding out her hand.

"It's a pleasure to meet you." Casey said.

"Let's head in" Justice said. They all went inside and Casey smiled at the sight. It sorta lookes like a very elegant winter wonderland. There were white and blue lights hang from the ceiling. There were large bouquets  of white and blue roses and silver cutlery on every table. There were at least a hundred or more table and all if them had white and blue table cloths and chairs. Casey turned on her camera and took a picture of it before turning to Justice.

"What kinda photos do you want?" She asked. She explained when he gave her a confused look.

"Do you want me to take pictures of your people having fun or do you want a portrait?" She asked.

"Having fun, these photos are going to be put on our website. We sell things merchandise on there but now we want something a bit more personal for a fans." He said.

"Okay, if you excuse me I have some work to do." She said before taking her leave. She went straight into the crowd taking pictures of some of the females dancing with some of the human males. She took picture of a couple she believed were Smiley and Vanni, that one she would be sending to the couple instead of having it being put online.

After awhile of taking pictures Casey decided that she needed a break. She went up to the bar and sat on a stool. She ordered a glass of Dr. Pepper and was quickly handed a glass. A second later a body sat next to her and Casey felt eyes on her. She looked over to see a pair of blue eyes looking into her.

"Can I help you?" She asked.

"I'm Vengeance" he said.

"I'm Casey" she said before taking a sip of her drink.

"Do you have a mate?" He asked.

"No, and I'm not looking for one" she said.

"Would you like to share sex?" He asked. Casey noticed that his fist were clenched and decided she need to get away from him.

"No thanks, I'm going to get back to work" She got up and was about to leave when a hand wrapped itself around her arm. She looked back at him and glared.

"Take your hand of me" she said.

"Not until you agree to share sex."

"Read my lips you asshole hell no" She said making him growl.

"Vengeance, let her go" a familiar voice growled. She looked over to see Jericho and he was pissed.

"Go away Jericho" Vengeance growled.

"She said she didn't want to share sex so you must let her go or we will fight." He said.

"What is going on here?" Tiger said coming up next to them. Vengeance let go of Casey's arm and Casey she had enough of being in their company.

"I'm going to get some air" she said before leaving. She made it outside and took in a deep breath before letting it out.

"Are you okay?" Jericho said coming up from behind her.

"Yeah" she said before looking up at the stars. She smiled remembering a memory of her and her father staying up late to look at the stars and talk.

"Why are you smiling?" He asked.

"Because when I was little my dad and I would stay up late to look at the stars and talk about anything." She said. Jericho looked up at the stars before looking back at Casey.

"One night, I was waiting for my father to come home so we could go star gazing but he never showed. The police came instead and told my mother that a druck drive had hit his car head on." She said. "I was only ten years old but I felt like my whole world collapsed. My mother started drinking to ease the pain but after child service threatened to take me, she cleaned up her act and went into grief counseling. She's been sober ever since."

"I am sorry for your loss" he said.

"Thank you" she said. "Do you want to go for a walk?" She asked.

"Okay" he said as they began to walk down the street.

"You know when Gracie was born I had a really difficult time picking her name."

"Why?"

"Because I wanted it to mean something but also have a part of my father in it. His name was George so it had to start with a "G" so I looked on line and it came up with a thousand girl names that start with "G" so I sorted it out by meaning and I found Grace which stands for goodness and beauty." She said. "I kinda like the way Gracie sounded so her name is Gracie Georgina Smith."

"It is a pretty name" he said.

"Thanks" she said as the made their way past some buildings. They walked and talked for a long time before deciding that it was getting late and they should go home. They made their way back to the cafeteria where they left the truck. After driving back to guest housing Casey leaned over and kissed Jericho's cheek.

"Thank you for helping me with Vengeance." She said before getting out of the truck and hurrying inside. She couldn't believe she just did that.