Chapter 7 Frozen phone?

Jace was holding my hand as everybody gathered around us, I looked nervously from each face, all faces I knew and loved, my family.

"So, what's this all about?" Izzy asked yawning.

"I've created a new rune" I say meekly.

"And we're going to try it out" Jace chimes in.

I stepped forward stele in hand. How am I going to do this, what if my rune doesn't work, what if it's bad. I look from face face to face, who will I have to test this new rune on?

"Would anybody like to volounteer?" Jace asks.

Alec steps forward.

"I will" he walks towards me.

"Alec, you don't have to do this"

"But I want to" he pulls up his sleeve to show an arm covered in spidery black ink. I place my stele lightly on his arm and start to trace the rune that I have created. I step back to look at my work to make sure I traced it right.

Alec looked at me expectantly, then looked at his arm and shrugged.

"I don't feel any different" he said in an almost bored tone. I looked at his arm, half expecting him to start doing something crazy. I felt a warm familiar hand press against my back.

"Maybe it was just a false alarm" I nodded sleepily.

"You can all go back to bed" Jace said as he scooped me up and carried me to our bedroom.

"I've never had a false alarm before"

"Maybe you're just tired" he shrugged and kissed my cheek.

"Go to sleep, you need it" and with that I drifted off.

"Quiet you'll wake Clary" I heard Jace's voice whisper.

"Well I'm sorry but I'm sort of freaking out now. A burst of cold air rushed over me and I shivered, I sat up straight rubbing my eyes.

"What's going on? And why is it so cold?" Jace looks over at Alec and Alec looks to me.

"Well, I just froze my phone, and, whenever I walk into a room it's temperature drops" I looked at Jace to see pain on his face, it hurt him to see his parabatai like this.

I see the rune flash before my eyes and the words super abilities before I black out.

"Clary" I wake up to Jace's hands gently shaking me.

"I know why Alec froze his phone" Alec and Jace look at me hopefully.

"It's the new rune I created, it gives you super abilities" they both look at me shocked.

"Alec's power just happens to be freezing stuff"