Chapter 9: Sober

Benjamin's p.o.v

I was dreaming...i was sitting in my old room back in San Antonio Texas. i was about go off to meet up with my band when i heard my mom crying...i went down stairs to check up on her. she was sitting on the coach covering both her eyes. "mom?" i called. she looked up crying more and ran to hug me. "whats wrong?" i asked worried

"Y-your father...and Anthony were...Murdered..." she cried. just by saying that, my whole world fell apart...my dad and my brother was no longer in this world... i've been doing a lot of heavy drinking and a lot of bad choices... i didn't think i could ever get myself together... My Best friends Jonathan, Christina, Victoria, and Jordan tried to snap me out of things, but it wasn't working... So one day, Christina had enough and took me out to eat. she told me that things happen, things happen for a reason. Anthony was about to live out his dream, but i had a chance to live out mine for his, if i didn't put my act together, i cant live his dream for him...and she was right... i soon got my life back and continued writing music and stuff. until mom won the lottery and we moved to New York, my..no..our dream was a step closer.

My dream became to a nightmare to a random area in New York...I saw Anthony and Dad laying in a puddle of blood. it was terrible, i nearly lost it. people were walking through me looking and gasping at the scene. i felt tears burning my eyes. the dream flashed to a earlier period when they were still alive.

"I'm so close dad! I'm about to live out my dream and become a singer!" Anthony cheered. i missed his cheery personality. he was such a good person...

"yeah son, but we better hurry! i think theres a short cut through this alley way" dad said. they went through the alley. right before they went back to the streets. 7 guys and a girl blocked his way.

"hey, give me your money" a guy said. dad refused and tried to fight him off. i could see the girl shiver in fear. it was too dark to see her face. but one of her eyes were covered with her messy hair. a man was hugging her from behind trying to calm her down. the man in the scar became inpatient. the rest of the guys locked their arms, un able to move. the scar man sliced their throat open. gushing up tons and tons...of blood. my eyes widened. the girl screamed. everyone in the area was alerted. the gang grabbed the girl and ran off to who knows where. i sat there looking at both dad and Anthony...so much blood...so much blood..

I jolted up and saw myself not in my room, instead, i was in Flora's room...fuck... it wasn't all a dream that i came here and she took care of me...she was so mean to me, but really nice too.

my phone was next to me as i looked around the empty room, there was a dream catcher on the floor.i wonder where shes at. I held my head. man...that nightmare was terrible... I had a headache..my stomach hurts..

I looked through my phone and looked at the messages i missed. my mom wondered where i was, i texted her that I'm at Tyler's. speaking of tyler. i looked through his messages.

"Dude! where are you!?"

"Oh god! please don't be dead!"

"Your not dead right?!"

"Oh god!" Tyler freaked, i read what Flora replied

"I'm fine, I'm taking a shit at home"...she did not just-! thats embarrassing!

I got up from her soft bed and looked for her around the house. i found her in the kitchen cooking. She put something on two plates. i went over and hugged her from behind. she slowly turned around and looked at me. she held my cheeks with her one hand "you're pale" she said. i chuckled

"you actually care?"

"fine, whatever" she let go and took the plates of waffles and eggs to the table. i sat down while she sat next to me eating