The Boys

Avi let out a heavy breath of air as he soaked in the damaging rays of the hot, Vegas sun. He wasn't normally one to chill by the pool in the heat - he'd much rather be inside with an air conditioner, playing his guitar - but after the argument he had with Kirstie earlier, he kind of wanted to get away from everyone. It was such a shame there wasn't a forest nearby that he could escape to.

He was only sitting out for a few minutes, sipping on his cold can of beer, when he already felt annoyed by the intensity of the sun. How did people enjoy tanning? Avi was about to ditch the whole idea of being outside when saw Scott approach him, looking like someone killed his puppy, and asked, "Can I sit here?" Avi noticed he was gesturing to the chair next to him and shook his head yes.

"You look like you need a drink," Avi said as he reached over to the cooler box next to him. "Is a beer good?" He asked, looking up at his downhearted friend for confirmation. Scott mumbled something sounded like a yes and muttered some thanks when Avi placed the cold drink in his hand. 

"What's going on, buddy? You look like you've just been told that Beyoncé is retiring," Avi said, chuckling at his own joke.

Scott sighed and spoke for the first time in a few minutes, "Just some love issues, I guess." 

Avi humorlessly laughed and took a chug of his alcoholic drink, "Oh, don't worry, I know exactly what that's like."

This surprised Scott and he turned to his friend. "Really?" He asked with scrunched up eyebrows. "Are you going through stuff right now? You know you can always talk to me about anything."

"How about we say our issues at the exact same time?" Avi suggested. Scott eagerly nodded his head, causing his blonde quiff to bounce. "Okay. On three..." The bass counted down to three and both of them exposed their secrets to one another. 

"I had sex with Mitch."

"I slept with Kirstie." 

The two boys blinked at each other like a deer caught in the headlights. Did they basically have the same secret? Well, life was full of surprises, that was for sure. Who would've thought that Kirstie and Avi would ever get along with each other, and then still become lovers? "You slept with Kirstie?" Scott asked in bewilderment.

"You slept with Mitch? You cheated on Alex?" Avi asked, yet he was trying not to laugh. He hoped he wasn't too obvious but he was rejoicing on the inside, none of them had ever liked Alex from the beginning. 

"It's a long story," Scott said as he took another chug. "Do you want me to tell my story first, or you?"

"You tell me yours first, I'm very intrigued," The bass replied and put his head in his hand to show he was listening intently. 

Scott put his drink down on the floor and turned to Avi, giving him his full attention. "To make a long and complicated story short, Alex and I had an argument the other day because he thought I was cheating on him, which I wasn't!" Avi raised an eyebrow at him and then Scott added on sheepishly, "Well, at least I wasn't at the time. I was feeling hurt and I wanted to forget about my problems so I went down to the bar with Mitch and I drank a lot, Mitch wasn't too drunk. I can't remember anything else but I woke up naked with Mitch lying next to me. I was horrified and all I could think about how I would explain this to Alex." Scott took a pause in order to regain his breath.

"Then Mitch went on saying that I deserve better than Alex and I found out that he wasn't that drunk the night we slept together, so he could've stopped me from cheating on my husband. I walked out of the room and I haven't spoken to him since, that's why I asked Kirstie to share a room with Mitch while I share a room with Esther."

Avi nodded his head every once in a while to show he was still listening. Once Scott was done with his whole speech, Avi clasped his hands together and grinned wickedly. "I have to get this question out of the way. Did you enjoy it?"

Avi thought Scott was already red from being in the sun all day, yet he seemed to go the colour of a tomato after his question. "I was drunk!" Scott spluttered. "I can't even remember half of the night."

"But you've had sex with Mitch before, on more than one occasion. Surely you remember what it's like?" One corner of Avi's mouth lifted up in a smirk and it made Scott shift uncomfortably in his seat. 

"I guess my actual problem isn't the fact that I cheated on Alex, it's the fact that I don't know how I feel about Mitch. Well, I do know that I feel terrible for yelling at him."

"Listen, I'm not saying that you should divorce Alex or anything like that, but maybe be a bit more open to Mitch. Your heart will lead you to the one you're truly meant to be with," Avi preached and the baritone rolled his eyes at his friend's cliche saying. "Hey, it's cheesy but it's so true."

"Speaking of hearts and that stuff, tell me about your problem with Kirstie. You slept with her? As far as I knew, you couldn't stand the girl," Scott said and picked up his beer again, only to realise it was empty. "Pass me another drink?"

Avi shoved the cooler filled with alcohol over to his friend's side and began his story. "It's very complicated. It all started when we all played truth or dare together and me and Kirstie kissed that night. When we were walking back to our rooms, she kissed me again!" Scott gasped and it made Avi chuckle to see how dramatic he was being. 

"The next day, we kissed again but it was more intense. We probably would've had sex if Esther hadn't been a cock block and knocked on the door. And then finally, a few days ago, we actually slept together." 

"And did you enjoy it?" Scott used his friend's question against him and grinned wickedly. 

"I enjoyed every minute of it, I felt like I was in heaven," he swooned. 

"So then what's the problem?"

"Today, I told her that we can't be doing whatever we were doing anymore and she said it was fine and that we could just go back to normal. What is normal for us? Do we go back to hating each other? Are we friends?"

"Why did you call things off?"

"I'm not one to just have casual sex, man. I love too deeply and I always, always end up getting hurt. I hate to admit it but I've fallen for Kirstie, hard. She doesn't have feelings for me, she's just lonely and I happen to fill the void.

"Nah uh," Scott mumbled while sipping on his new drink. "I know Kirstie, she's not one to just have casual sex either. I think she really likes you, Avi." 

Avi chuckled at the thought of Kirstie, an attractive woman, liking him back, a dragon nerd who liked BBQ and dressed like a lumberjack. "Whatever, I'm too scared of rejection to ask her out. I'll find a way to live."

Scott sighed and sank down deeper in his chair, noticing how the sun was starting to slowly set and turned the sky a mess of oranges, yellows and pinks. "Love. Why is it so complicated?"

"You're asking the wrong guy for the answer. Anyway, here's to the boys," Avi stated and raised his glass bottle to clink with his friend.

"To the boys."

hiii this is probably full of typos but its 11pm and i wanted to update before i sleep because school starts for me tomorrow and i know i'm going to be flooded with work rip. anyway, i hope you enjoyed this scavi bonding! :)