In The Club

"Are you ready? We have to meet up with the rest of them downstairs soon," Esther called out to Kirstie from the bathroom. Kirstie had moved back in with her since Scott and Mitch made up. Besides, Esther felt that she was the most capable to take care of her since she was the only one who knew her secret. With the weeks to come, Kirstie would become more moody, would probably vomit every few hours and her stomach would gradually grow - something that she unfortunately couldn't hide for very long.

"Do I have to go?" She whined as she strapped on her black heels. "I'd much rather stay here, have a Harry Potter marathon and order room service."

Esther rolled her eyes, even though Kirstie couldn't see from the bedroom. "You found out you were pregnant yesterday, yet you sound like a woman in her third trimester."

It was now Kirstie's turn to roll her eyes. "I just kind of want to avoid Avi for a little while. Until the dust settles."

Esther was finally done applying her makeup and walked out to meet Kirstie who was sitting on the edge of the bed, looking nervous to go out with their friends. "Look, I know it must be tough for you but I'm sure this is just as tough for Avi. If not more, knowing how sensitive he can be," she reassured the sad soprano. "Remember when he cried during La La Land?"

They weren't friends back then, but she wasn't completely heartless so it was natural for her when she felt the need to comfort him. She refrained though, it would be much too awkward. Kirstie giggled softly at the memories she had until her laughs faded and she sighed. "I miss him, Es. I know it's so weird of me to be saying that since we weren't friends before this trip, but it's true. I really fucked up things with him." 

"I still don't completely understand what happened between the two of you."

"It's a very long and... complicated story."

"We still have time before we have to meet up with them," said Esther, checking her watch.

Kirstie grunted. Just a few minutes ago Esther was rushing and wanting to meet up with them asap. Oh well, she deserved to know the truth after everything she's done for her. "Basically, the night we played truth or dare..." Esther scrunched up her eyebrows as she tried to remember. "You weren't there," Kirstie quickly added on. "I think you were busy with the tour bus."

"We... we were dared to kiss and so we did. Then as we were walking back to our rooms, I kissed him again. All of this kissing turned into making out, making out turned into sex and... yeah. That's about it."

Esther nodded her head in understanding and her eyes showed that she was truly taking in everything Kirstie was saying. That was one trait that seemed to run in the Kaplan family; they were all excellent listeners. "I still don't understand why you and Avi aren't speaking though."

Kirstie closed her eyes. It pained her just to think back of what happened in that tiny, cramped up closet filled with dust and smelled like cleaning supplies. "He told me that he couldn't sleep with me anymore, he didn't know how he was feeling and he wanted space. I feel so dumb because all this time he's felt absolutely nothing for me, while I on the other hand..."

Esther's eyes widened. "You have feelings for Avi?"

Kirstie paused for a moment, contemplating whether she should tell Esther, the sister of the person she had feelings for. There was no point in hiding anything from her anymore, she knew everything. "Yeah, I do. I was very conflicted and unsure about them at first but now... my heart literally feels like a hammer against my chest whenever I see him. But there's no point in having them when he'll never return them for me."

"Really? What makes you think that?" Esther wondered, slightly amused. 

"I mean, it's the only logical reason why he wanted to stop everything. He felt awkward having sex because he feels nothing for me romantically."