Chapter 4: The Dungeon

Han splashed through a puddle as he staggered into the cell. But whether that puddle was made up of water, or something completely different, was anybody's guess. Jon shadowed his father, making sure he didn't fall. Once Han had gained some stability on his feet, he reached up to feel a grate above him. And he could feel a warm beam of light filtering into the cell. Jon could actually see this. And it made him wonder what was above them.

"Arrrgh." Jon turned at the sound. What new horror was this in the cell with the father and son pair? But as he thought about it, Jon recognized this growl. Looking into a corner, he saw an unmistakable pair of blue eyes gazing at him. Then a familiar furry face appeared.

"Dad! Guess who else is in here with us!" Jon said excitedly. "It's..."

"Chewie?" Han finished, now recognizing the growl himself. "Chewie, is that you?"

*Yes,* said Chewie.

"Chewie!" Han exclaimed. The Wookiee rushed out of the shadows, taking Han into a huge hug.

*Oh, Han! My cub! I've missed you so much!* Chewie roared happily.

"And I just know Dad's missed you, too, Chewie," said Jon.

*Oh, hello, Jon,* said Chewie, turning to face to the boy. *It's great to see you again, as well.*

"Same here, Uncle Chewie," said Jon. "But be careful with Dad. He's..."

"I can't see, pal," Han said, taking the words right out of Jon's mouth.

"Yeah, that," Jon added. "Dad's blind."

*Uh, sorry, Han,* Chewie grunted in apology.

"What's going on?" asked Han.

*Luke has a plan to rescue you,* Chewie answered.

"Luke?" Han asked skeptically. "Luke's crazy! He can't even take care of himself, much less rescue anybody."

Well, look who's talking, Jon thought to himself. Dad, you're blind, and as helpless as an infant.

*Luke's a Jedi Knight,* Chewie told Han.

"A-a Jedi Knight?!" Han scoffed incredulously. "Gee, I'm out of it for a little while, and everyone gets delusions of grandeur!"

"It's true, Dad," said Jon. "Luke really is a Jedi."

"Oh, I really hope you haven't started believing in that Force crap, Jon," said Han.

"Well, no, Dad," Jon replied. "Of course not. But while we all were headed to Bespin, Luke was on Dagobah, getting trained by a Jedi master named Yoda."