15: Christmas Day

Anna

It's Christmas Day! My favorite day of the year. Mom and Dad made sure to book no work appointments today so they could spend the whole day with us!

It's six a.m and I'm currently attempting to wake up my sister. Who looks like an absolute mess.

"Psst! Elsa! Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!" I whisper-shouted

"Anna..." she mumbled, "Go back to sleep."

"The sky's awake! So I'm awake! And we need to play!" I whined

"Go play by yourself," She answered back

"But Elsa, it's Christmas!" I nudged her a bit

Suddenly her eyes darted open, "It's Christmas Day? It's Christmas Day!" She squealed

Elsa jumped off the bed (almost knocking me down in the process) and began getting in her bunny slippers.

"Well don't just stand there! We have to wake up Mom and Dad!" She grabbed my arm and dragged me all the way to Mom and Dad's room.

Funny enough, Kristoff and his Granny were downstairs in the guest quarters, a.k.a Kristoff's room. Since he stayed over so much one of the three guest rooms in our house was his. We helped him paint the walls and decorate it to his liking.

Anyway, this Christmas his Grandfather (Grandpabbie) Flew out to visit Kristoff's Mom and Dad so Kristoff and Granny were gonna celebrate Christmas alone.

As soon as my family and I heard we decided that it was a big no-no so we invited them to spend Christmas over here. Christmas was always a special time in our household and I loved it.

As Elsa and I slid to Mom and Dad's room, memories came rushing back about how we used to wake them up when we were little.

Elsa signaled for me to keep quiet and I nodded. We crept up to both sides of Mom and Dad's bed. Elsa pointed at the clock and shook her head, then I pointed at the clock and shook my head. We were ready.

"MOM! DAD! WAKE UP! IT'S CHRISTMAS!!!"

Mom woke up with a jolt and shook Dad awake. In a few minutes Dad was in the shower and Mom was downstairs making waffles.

Elsa and I weren't allowed to see the tree or open presents until our parents told us we could go. So I went off to wake up Granny and Kristoff. Yes, I call Kristoff's Grandmother Granny and no, I don't care what other people think.

"Granny?" I knocked, "Mom's making waffles. Just wanted to let you know so you could get ready."

"Alright dear, I'll be out soon!" Her shrill voice chirped from the other side of the door.

I walked down the hall to Kristoff's room and didn't even bother knocking. I shoved the door open and yelled, "GOOD MORNING KRISTOFF, IT'S CHRISTMAS DAY AND IT'S TIME TO WAKE UP!"

He didn't even flinch.

I grabbed a glass of water that was conveniently left nearby and mouthed to Elsa to grab her phone and start recording. As soon as she gave me a thumbs-up, I was ready to go.

"Wake up, Kristoff!" I shrieked while pouring the entire freezing cold glass on his face. He gasped, "Anna!"

It was running time, Elsa and I took off while laughing like maniacs. Kristoff wasn't too far behind but suddenly he stopped in his tracks and that's when Elsa and I lost it. He was wearing reindeer slippers and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles™ Pajamas. He ran back off to his room to get ready, leaving Elsa and me rolling on the floor with laughter.