*Eight*

I waved goodbye to Stoney and instead of heading to Serenity to crash for a while, I headed to the Humane Society, to see if I could find me a new friend or two, or hell maybe three. I had plenty of room and money to take care of them. I pulled up into the parking lot and slowly walked in and asked the lady at the desk if it was alright if I did a little bit of browsing to see if I could find something that caught my attention in the canine department. The lady gave me a flirtatious smile and offered to show me around, but I gave her a slight smile and told her I could manage without her, but if I needed her I would call her. She opened the doors and said she would be in front if I needed her.

I walked thru the room and began to look carefully in each cage, I passed several cages and poor animals but none of them clicked with me until I got to the middle of the room and looked in the 7th cage, where a very large Bloodhound was sitting and looking right at me. I usually didn't get that breed of dog, but I really liked his character and wrote his number down, then kept searching. By the time I was done looking thru the dogs, I found I liked a bloodhound and a german shepard. But I wasn't done yet after I was done in the canine paddock I went down to the other end and looked thru the felines. The very first one I came to was the one I connected with, it was a little half grown kitten that looked just like My Hammie looked like...I opened the cage and held him in my arms and asked him if he'd like to come home with me.

I headed to the front and asked about all the dogs I was interested in after she told me all about each one and I found that they were all good with other animals, but the husky and shepard were a little leery around some people. But they all were good with kids, I told her that I would take them all, including the kitten that was in my shirt. The lady said after I paid for them that she would have them ready for me to take home tomorrow, that way she would have time to have all their shots and current vacc's done to them. I told her that would be fine, then I asked about Lil' Ham she looked at the little furball that was in my shirt and said with a chuckle that I could take him home now.

As I drove home with the little kitten in my shirt, it put a slight smile on my face having him with me, but it quickly ended when I heard the Alice Cooper song called Hell is Living Without You, because it was the song Kc and I was listening to, on our first night together and the last night we shared, and it made me miss her so much that I actually had tears forming in my eyes. As soon as I made it to the house, I carried lil Ham to the house and went straight to my bedroom and crashed as I put Lil Ham on my Hammie's old bed and put food and water for him...beens he was a weaned young kitty, and amazingly already litter trained.

After my two hour catnap, I woke up to the sound of my two older brothers stomping thru the house hollering for me, that it was time to go dancing, drinking, and all around having a good time. I laid there rubbing on lil Ham as I sighed and told him it was time to pretend to have fun so my family will get off my back about my sulking. I put on some partying clothes and grabbed my favorite hat, then slid on my boots without them being tied, I sat Lil Ham on the bed and walked down the stairs slowly as I told them to stop hollering that I wasn't deaf...yet.

They both gave me a playful slap on the on the back then we all headed for JD's Escalade. I quickly told JD to make the shortstop to Stoney's place, because he wanted to come play tonight too. Costa gave a snort, and sat back in his chair and folded his arms across his chest, so I jumped on his lap and told him to chillax, that we were all going to have fun tonight and he needed to stop being a sourpuss. Then I kissed him on the forehead and went back to my seat. Stoney jumped into the vehicle and sat down beside me and put his hand on my shoulder and asked how I was feeling. I told him I was feeling just peachy, then I asked him how he was, he chuckled and said he would be absolutely perfect as soon as we got to the damn club, around sexy broads and cheap booze.

Stoney always made us all laugh, with his perverted sense of humor...he was such a crazy ass goofball. Once we got into Curves it was wild and jumping like always, no sooner than I grabbed a drink I had fifteen girls crawling all over me wanting a fair piece of me. I danced, laughed, and partied with them, but my mind wasn't at all there at the party, it was over 4,000 miles away in Tahiti where I left Kc. Stoney and Costa though was having a very wild time, until they started fighting over the same girl, but it was hilarious because neither of them was sober enough to damage each other, but Stoney wasn't being serious anyway, he just loved pushing Costa's buttons...because if Stoney really wanted to, he could wipe the floor with all of us, he just never did, because we were his family, the only family he's ever had, and no matter how badly our differences were, he loved us.