75

"Jimin, how do you know if you're in love?"

Jungkook had asked Jimin this very question before they were about to leave for the theatre that day.

Three days before Christmas, they'd decided to hit the town to go watch a show at the theatre but also to buy eachother's Christmas presents.

They'd bought some yesterday and the day before, but it was quite hectic and expensive buying six different gifts for six very different people.

Jungkook had been up late nearly every night, and it wasn't due to the fact that he was cuddled up on the couch with Taehyung on every one of those but because that one question had been swarming around his head.

How do you know if you're in love?

As far as he was concerned, Jungkook had never experienced love for anyone apart from his grandmother and maybe Jimin - but those were different kinds of love.

With Taehyung, Jungkook felt alive. Like nothing else in the world mattered apart from them. And he loved that feeling.

Jungkook had always been constricted to the norms his entire life; he was never granted freedom as a child and that even meant who he was friends with and who he was allowed to like.

His parents weren't rich, but they did have high expectations of him.

Which is why when he came out, they found it as a way of Jungkook defying them, and he was granted even less freedom until he went to live with his grandma.

She didn't mind so much that Jungkook was different - even though he wasn't - and let him do near enough whatever he wanted to within reason.

But even so, Jungkook still couldn't shake off the burden his parents had bestowed upon him, that was, until he met Taehyung.

They were so comfortable around eachother that it was almost overwhelming - but Jungkook knew for sure that he definitely felt something for Taehyung, something more than just friendship.

"What?" Jimin almost did a spit-take on the spot at Jungkook's question.

"I think..." Jungkook started, wringing his hands nervously in front of him. "I think I'm in love with Taehyung."

Hearing those words, Jimin finally knew he would be able to die happy.

"You guys coming?" Namjoon called out from the living room, and Jimin peered over Jungkook's shoulder before standing up off of his stool and rinsing his glass out in the sink.

"In a sec!" Jimin called back and grabbed his blazer from the back of his stool before leaning in to whisper to Jungkook. "Kook, I promise we can take all the time you need later to talk about this."

"Of course," Jungkook nodded, grabbing his own hoodie and pulling it on over his head, rufflung his own hair a bit.

"Hey, cutie," Taehyung hugged Jungkook from behind, and when Jungkook caught Jimin smirking, Jungkook's face burned beet red.

"H-hey," he cursed himself for stuttering, even more so when Taehyung noticed.

"You ok?" Taehyung asked, head resting on Jungkook's shoulder and mouth right next to his ear, and Jungkook didn't trust his voice at that moment so he simply nodded and manoeuvred his way out of Taehyung's grip, walking away stiffly into the living room.

"Is he ok?" Taehyung asked, a light frown dusting his features as he looked over at Jimin after watching Jungkook leave.

"He'll be fine," Jimin reassured. "He's just a little flustered right now."