Brother

I wake up feeling better than I ever have. I'm warm, safe, and wrapped up in contentment. I stir just a bit and notice JiYong's arm is thrown over my waist. I run my hand down his arm and lace my fingers with his. He wakes then, and I feel him stretch. He wraps his arms around me and pulls my back to his chest. He nuzzles into my hair then kisses the back of my neck.
"Good morning baby," still husky with sleep.
I bring the back of his hand to my lips.
"Good morning. Sleep well."
He hmmms in reply. Then starts kissing the tattoo on the back of my shoulder.
"This tattoo is so sexy..."
He pulls the blankets up and looks down my body.
"Mmm, the rest of you is sexy too."
I swat the blankets back down and roll over in his arms so I can face him.
I look into his perfect face and kiss all over it slowly. He giggles a bit and pulls me to him tightly.

I sigh, "What time is it?"
He rolls over to look at the clock.
"Ummm...8:45."
I sit bolt upright not even caring that I'm totally naked.
"I have to be at work at 9:30! I can't even go home to change! I have to do the walk of shame and wear the same clothes from yesterday! YB is gonna skin me alive!" I groan and bounce out of bed, looking for my clothes.
"Whooooaaaa, hold on baby, come here."
JiYong sits up in the bed and I sit in front of him, holding my wadded clothes to my body.
"First of all, you can borrow some of my clothes, second, Bae will not kill you, I won't let him, and third, walk of shame my ass!"
I swat his arm, "I'm serious Ji!"
A grin spreads across his face, "You just called me Ji. Not GD or JiYong."
I look down, "Oh, I'm sorry."
He lifts my chin in his hand, "Don't be, I love it." He kisses me softly.

JiYong let's me use his shower to wash up and grabs me some clothes. I was super worried he would give me cheetah pants and a ripped up fuzzy shirt or something. Thankfully it was just ripped up black jeans and a peaceminusone shirt. He drives me to work and walks me in. When we get to YB's studio he holds my hand as he opens the door.

YB swivels around and rolls his eyes.
"Cutting it close aren't you?"
JiYong back hugs me, putting his hands on my waist and his chin on my shoulder.
"Soooorrry Bae."
"Looking rather fashionable this morning Grace. Wonder where you got those clothes?" Narrowing his almost gone eyes.
"Also, those hickeys."
"Ummm...that's my cue." JiYong blushes and grabs his ear, making a break for the door.
I giggle and say,"I don't see how a guy with more stage swagger than Elvis can be so shy and bashful."
He turns purple and I kiss his cheek.
"See you later Ji."
"Oh my Gaaawwwwd," YB groans.
I turn, "Get used to it."
I plant a kiss on Ji before he scurries out of the room.

"So what's on the agenda?"
YB hops up,"Ring shopping. I want to get it done and over with. I'm to excited to wait."
I squeal and hop in place, "I was hoping you would say that."
He blushes and rubs the back of his neck.
"Geez, you too. More swagger than the law allows, but shy and bashful off stage." I roll my eyes, and we make our way out of the building and to his car.

We climb into his car. He starts it up and we pull away. He flips on the stereo, and I get the guts to ask him a question.
"YB, you know how you played that song for me? The one about chains?"
He nods in reply.
"Well...can I play you a song now? It kinda says how I feel about you."
He looks a little surprised, but says, "Sure."
I reach for the aux. cable and plug my phone in. I thumb through my playlist and find Brother. I let it play, but when it gets to the part that really says how I feel, I sing along...

Face down in the desert now
There's a cage locked around my heart
I found a way to drop the keys where my failures were
Now my hands can't reach that far
I ain't made for rivalry
I can never take the world alone
I know that in my weakness I am strong
But it's your love that brings me home

Brother let me be your shelter
Never leave you all alone
I can be the one you call
When you're feeling lost
Brother let me be your fortress
When the night winds are driving on
Be the one to light the way
Bring you home
(Brother by Need to Breathe)