Cats and Coffee

Tom liked coffee. Tom liked cats. So when he heard about a new cat cafe opening in London from Matt, he was immediately interested. He was currently walking to the place with Matt, while Matt was babbling about a cute employee he met there. Tom finally spotted the place. It was a white building decorated with a black cat sign, green vines and light red flowers. Pretty cute. As him and Tom walked in the small bell chimed above the door. The boy sweeping the floor looked up and smiled "Hi Matt!""Hi Edd! Tom go order I wanna talk to Edd!" Matt said walking off to talk with Edd. "Okay." Tom shrugged as he walked up to the lad. 

Behind the lad, a grey cat sat in front of his face before licking it. "Uhh..." Tom said before getting interrupted "Jeez Ringo! I told you! No licking the costumers!" The boy said picking up the cat from the lad. The boy had a light red hoodie with a brown apron. He wore a small beanie covering his entire hair except his caramel like fringe that was shaped like devil horns and two strands of hair randomly poking out of two sides covering his ears entirely. His eyes were a glistening grey and his skin was a nice tanned color. "I-I'm really sorry! Ringo loves attention." "It's okay. I really like cats!" Tom chuckled "You may love cats, but Edd, now he ADORES cats." he said pointing to the boy talking to Matt "All of the twenty cats here, are strays he adopted. He even names them. He's like the genderbent stereotype of lonely cat lady, only difference with him being social." he said, petting Ringo once before placing him on the floor. "Oh, I'm sorry! What were you going to order?" he said as Tom also seemed to remind himself he was supposed to get coffee. "O-Oh! A latte please?" he said as the boy nodded and started to make the coffee while making sure the cats that were wondering the cafe didn't get in trouble. 

"So...a Cat Cafe? That's a creative idea" Tom smiled as the boy chuckled "Yeah. I always wanted to purse the career of a barista, and Edd had many cats that people thought were sweet, so we sorta combined it into one!" he said before giving Tom his coffee. It was a typical on the go coffee. Tom was surprised that Tord already knew that he didn't plan on staying too long "I'm Tord. Nice to meet you." He said giving a gentle smile. His teeth were shaped like fangs. "I'm Tom. Nice to meet you too!" Tom smiled as Tord sat down in his behind the lad. "Y'know...you don't look like the kind of person that would be sitting in a coffee shop." Tord said as he took a mug saying "Don't Mug Me I'm Scared" from the behind the lad and stared at the hot chocolate inside. "How can you tell if a person is a cafe person?" Tom asked amazed that Tord could tell what kind of person he was "You read it from their face. From my Coffee shop experience I can tell you that. 15% of customers are girls who post pictures of coffee on tumblr, 30% are insomniacs, 25% College students, 25% The kind of lonely moms that gossip about their co-workers and the 5% that just wants coffee on the go, because they're in hurry, not like you who simply comes with their roommate. You aren't like any of them." Tord said eyeing Tom. "Maybe you just haven't seen anyone like me on your shifts?" Tom said "Perhaps, but I'm always nearby so I don't think so...Well you already caught the attention of me and Ringo." He said once again sipping from his cup "You're good at analyzing people in your surroundings, y'know?" Tom said staring at Tord's unusual grey eyes "That is true. By your look I can judge that you're the kind of person who prefers being with little to no people, similarly to cats. I can also see that you might interested in rock music? Your age suggests you're currently attending high school. The flyer slightly sticking out of your pocket seems to indicate you are interested in movie making, because it's a flyer for a local festival of animated films." Tom was surprised. How could have Tord learned all that from simply glancing at him? "Wow. You are better at reading people's faces than I thought you were." Tom said with Tord simply answering in a giggle. "Wanna name some movie ideas you had?" Tord asked "Nothing big. Last time I remember making a movie was when I was 10 years old with my friend Matt. It was a stupid movie about space cats..." Tom chuckled as he remembered the crudely decorated set with a cardboard background that was colored with a blue crayon and stars that were cut out of yellow paper. Silly. "Well if you plan for a remake, you know where to turn for actors." Tord giggled. "I'll think about it" Tom said nicely. 

Both of them talked for a bit about cats, about how Tom loved movie making and how Tord learned coffee Art. Tom's phone suddenly rang interrupting the boys conversation.  Tom answered it "Hello?....Yeah. Okay I'll be there in a second." Tom hanged up sighing " It's my mom... I gotta go but it was nice meeting you Tord!" "Nice meeting you too Tom! Hope to see you again soon!" he said as Tom left the Cafe, his coffee neatly placed in a paper bag, that Tord gave out for ready-to-go orders. He looked dreamily at Tom until he had completely disappeared from his sight.

When Tom had reached home and done whatever business his mom wanted him to do, he decided to unpack his coffee. He noticed that a phone number was written on the top with a "Call me~" written in beautiful, clean cursive. "Meow." Tom immediately spun his head around. On the windowsill of his white, open window sat a cat. It was looking at him with a calm look and what resembled a smile. Two white fangs were lightly visible from his mouth and his caramel fur glistened in the sun. It's grey eyes locked themselves on Tom, sparkling of joy. It was almost as if the cat communicated with him through the sheer look on his face. Tom smiled. 

"Y'know, you resemble somebody I met today."

"Meow?"

(I KNOW IT'S SHORT AF I'M SORRY)