Warning Signs

Sunlight burst through the windows as birds chirped from outside telling me it was mid-morning, I had been awake for hours unable to sleep, because I couldn't tear my eyes away from the beautiful site beside me.

Eden had awoken for her bottle a while ago falling back asleep not long after, I selfishly refused to put her back in her crib opting to lay her little form beside me so I could keep her close to me. She was perfect in every, I couldn't believe I had gone this long without her.

Elijah and Katerina were already downstairs preparing breakfast, but I couldn't pull myself from Eden. I rubbed my fingers down the side of her face trying to rouse her from her morning nap, dying to see those baby blues that mirrored her fathers.

"Hello beautiful" I whispered as she finally opened her sleep filled eyes.

"Did you sleep well little wildflower" I cooed leaning over and blowing raspberries on her stomach, the giggle I received sounding like music to my ears.

"Come on let's go see uncle Elijah and aunty Kat" I told her lifting her from the bed and cradling her in my arms.

After I had changed Eden and dressed us both I brought her downstairs.

"Good morning all" I greeted with a wide grin.

"Elijah making breakfast, your aunt and uncle must have had a good night" I told Eden wiggling my eyebrows at the pair. Kat merely smirked while Elijah didn't even blink and continued whisking the eggs.

I placed Eden in her highchair with some toys to keep her occupied while I heated her bottle.

"Any word from Nik?" I questioned worried about how things went with Rebekah and Esther.

"Niklaus informed me he would arrive later" Elijah told me not meeting my eyes making me furrow my brow in confusion.

"Elijah why don't you feed Eden in the other room" Katherina suggested obviously wanting to speak to me alone.

"Is that okay with you Thyra?" he questioned making me look at him funny.

"She's your niece Elijah you don't need to ask permission" I scoffed.

"Of, course" he mumbled taking Eden from her highchair and the bottle from my hands.

Kat and I watched Elijah leave with Eden before she grabbed my arm and dragged me outside.

"Jesus Kat, do you want to remove my arm from its socket!" I glared at my niece.

"I need to talk to you without superhuman hearing" she whispered gesturing for us to walk further from the house so Elijah couldn't hear our conversation.

"If you want to brag about your night with Elijah please spare me the details he's practically my brother, besides I heard everything" I shuddered.

"Not that the reunion sex wasn't mind blowing ...

"Kat" I snapped starting to feel queasy at the images.

"Somethings wrong with Elijah" she finally said.

"Define wrong".

"Were you not just in the same kitchen as me" she snapped.

"Elijah could barely look at you, and he asked permission to hold Eden".

"That was a bit strange" I admitted.

"That's not all, last night he said something in his sleep" she confessed looking uncharacteristically uncomfortable.

"What did he say" I asked carefully as we came to a stop a good distance away from the house.

"He called out your sister's name" she told me.