Chapter 3: Snake Beneath A Rose

"You're never going to believe this," you told Han, dancing your fingers across one of the shelves. "A while ago I encountered one of those mutant turtles..." you grinned as you finished. "and I have formed quite a good friendship with him. Obviously, he has no idea I work for you."

Meeting Michelangelo hadn't been something you thought too much about. It had a possibility of getting you a small boost in the Purple Dragons, but you didn't believe he would ever contact you again.

Boy, were you wrong.

It seemed that the young turtle was extremely excited about making a human friend and contacted you often. He had been quiet at first but that hadn't lasted long. Your conversations were long and often extended into the night. You had even met up again and realized that you had enough information to benefit from it.

Han sat up straighter at the news. "One of Splinter's children?" he asked. "Unusual... they avoid humans. I assume you have proof of this."

You offered your phone out to him. The selfies you had taken with Mikey open due to your preparation.

Han studied the photo and then stood, his eyes flashing with an unreadable emotion. He handed you your phone back. "This is important news," he said. "Follow me. We're going to report this to one of our contacts in person."

The smug little grin on your face only grew when you trailed behind him and right past your friend.

From what you had seen, the more you helped the Dragons out, the more you would earn and the greater the jobs you would get. The adrenalin junky in you loved it, especially because you could choose whether or not you wanted to take on certain jobs.

You figured you would be asked for a little information, get a small promotion, and then get to be happier with life in general. You were... mildly mistaken.

When you had to get inside one of those reinforced cars that the Purple Dragons used, you came to the realization that you may have involved yourself in something a little bigger than what you had assumed it to be.

The daunting building had never stood out to you until you stopped in front of it.

It towered in the sky with a huge clock face watching your every move. The moment you stepped onto the sidewalk, an uneasy feeling settled over your shoulders. Somebody was watching you but you made sure not to look around for them.

Han escorted you inside, occasionally glancing into the dark corners of the rooms. You didn't see anybody there but you didn't need to.

You could sense them watching.

You had always viewed yourself as a very brave person. Never in your life had you shied away from things like rollercoasters or even legitimate threats. Yet, terror gripped you tightly as you walked.

When you entered the main area, you slowed a little. Here, you could see people. There was a fish mutant, a dog mutant, men clad all in red, and a man sitting on a throne of some kind wearing a steel helmet that flashed with danger even in the shadowed room.

"The reason for this visit had better be worthy of my time," he said and his voice was like nails on a chalkboard. "I have no time for trivial matters."

Han pushed you forward. You almost tripped but managed to steady yourself. "They know one of those turtles you're always after," he explained.

The man's eyes, so full of violence and death that you couldn't meet his gaze, overlooked you with a sense of disbelief. "Is that so?" he asked. "Tell me how a low-ranking Purple Dragon came into close contact with one of Hamato Yoshi's students."