The Head Girl and Boy

Draco: I looked around and my eyes immediately fell on the mudblood Granger. Why do I keep looking at her?? It was the summer after the Battle of Hogwarts and she had definitely changed. No longer was her hair the frizzy mess it used to be, but it was straight and went just past her shoulders. She seemed to feel my eyes on her as she looked up at me and our eyes briefly met before I looked away.

Hermoine: I can't believe I'm back at Hogwarts after what happened last year. My parents didn't want me to come but I told them I had to finish my 7th year. Of course I received my letter that I was to be Head Girl as soon as I told the Headmaster I was going to attend school. Harry and Ron, however, told me there was no way they were going back here now that they are training to become Aurors. I sighed and looked up to examine the Great Hall. There were not quite as many wizards and witches attending Hogwarts this year,and I can't blame them. Is that Draco looking at me? I recognized his blonde hair and the unmistakable smirk on his face and quickly looked away. Just then the new headmaster of Hogwarts stood up and the Great Hall fell silent.

"Welcome new students and those who have returned, staff included." The professors all nodded politely. "For those who do not know me, my name is Aberforth Dumbeldore and yes I am Albus's brother. I am the new Headmaster of Hogwarts and I hope to bring something new to this school. Now,while I am still speaking of new things, I would like to announce this years Head Girl and Head Boy." Here we go. "Representing our Head Girl this year is Hermoine Granger." I stood up and quickly waved my hand so that everyone knew who I was, then took my seat once more. "And representing this years Head Boy is Draco Malfoy."

Draco:I stood up and then sat down quickly,my mind elsewhere. Of course the mudblood would be Head Girl so why am I so shocked? I looked over to where she was sitting and saw the shocked look plastered on her face,but she hastily recovered.

"Will the Heads and Prefects meet with me after all students are dismissed?" I glanced at Professor McGonagall and nodded. I can't believe I have to do Head duty with Granger. I felt a grimace appear on my face and didn't try to hide it. I ate silently the rest of the dinner and remained seated when the Houses were dismissed. As soon as the Hall cleared,I walked up to the front where Professor McGonagall stood.