||THIRTY-THREE||

We're still waiting for our Uber that is 5 minutes away. So far, we've only exchanged a few words about how great her friends are. Everyone but Angus.

I can tell that Avery's scared that I'm upset or that I didn't like them. She's restless, keeping her distance from me, and walking around while I stay still in the same place.

-"Ave, come here." I call her, stretching my hand to her. She approaches me slowly and releases a deep breath. "I loved them, babe. I did."

-"I'm sorry Ems. I know how uncomfortable you were, and I should've stop him." She bites her lower lip and gives me a worried look.

-"It's okay. It's not your fault. I really liked them, and I'm giving a second chance to Angus." I smile at her and put my arms around her neck, pulling her close to me. "Now, kiss me, please."

She raises her eyebrow and chuckles. We both lean forward and our lips finally meet.

-"You're amazing." Avery whispers as we pull apart.

We see our Uber stopping near us. I remove my arms from around her neck, but before she starts walking towards the car I pull her by her hand.

-"Ave?" I call her attention. She turns to me. "I'm hungry."

-"Seriously?" She chuckles and looks at me surprised. "After that amazing feast?"

-"I know...but..." I hesitate and bite my lower lip contemplation what I'm about to say. "But, I can't stop thinking about what Angus said...about that thing you like to eat so much..."

We both swallow hard and stare at each other. For the second time, I bite my lower lip in anticipation while her jaw drops and not a word comes from her mouth for a few seconds.

-"Did you just...?" Avery starts but our driver honks and brings us back to reality. I pull her by the hand and we enter the car. "Babe, don't mess with me." Avery pleads.

-"Okay, maybe I'm not ready to...literally eat..." Now I'm regretting my choice of words. "God, why did I make this harder than it had to be..."

-"Oh..." Avery lowers her head, disappointed.

-"Wait. I'm just saying that...that particular..." I gesture between us, pointing to our mouths and them to our waists, causing her to laugh. I cover her mouth with my hand, to make her stop. "That...might be too much, I don't know, but I'm ready to try new things."

Her eyes are wide open and shining. Under my hand I feel her mouth turning into a smile.

-"I'm ready, Avery." I remove my hand.

-"God, I want you so bad, Emma!" She takes a deep breath to control herself, I assume.

-"And I want you, babe."

I'm shutting my mind for a while, building confidence for when we reach my place.

The drive home takes longer than ever before. The only thing we did on our way to my apartment was to hold hands and share some intense looks, because we both wouldn't be able to stop kissing and touching if we started, and we were in the back of a stranger's car after all.

We finally reach my door and as I'm trying to find the right key to open it, Avery presses her lips into my neck, grabbing me from behind.

-"Fuck!" I almost drop the keys.

Avery stops kissing the sensitive skin behind my ear, but I can still feel her breathing heavily behind me.

I'm finally able to find the key and as soon as we enter the apartment, I'm thrown against the door, closing it abruptly.