Ch. 2 Sleepover

The distant sun is setting as the lights begin to brighten in the city of Washington, D.C. I walk down the vacant sidewalk searching for Hazel's apartment.

"1224 ... 1224..." I say to myself as I continue my search for the apartment. "1227, 1226, 1225 .... Ah there it is 1224! " I approach the steps and walk up them slowly carrying a 2 liter Mountain Dew and a large bag of Cheetos.

The door was black and had a large pink hanging door sign with a fancy white H for Hazel. I press the dim glowing doorbell and hear fumbling inside the apartment. Within about 3 seconds the large black door eagerly opens to an awaiting yet overjoyed Hazel.

"RYYYYYYY!!!" She's exclaims giving me a tightening hug as she always does as the loving person she is. "Hi Hazel I got the stuff!" I say cheerfully slightly lifting the bags to show her. "Great.. We are going to have such a great best friends night!" She says eagerly grabbing the bags from my hands , walking to her kitchen.

I then step in slipping off my sandals , setting them by the front door. I continue to Hazel's kitchen walking across her bright pink carpet. Wow Hazel really does love all things pink.

As I walk into her colorful kitchen , I find her on the phone ordering us a large pepperoni pizza from Dominos. I silently laugh to myself about our large appetites.

Once Hazel gets off the phone she smiles at me with an eager smile. " So RY what kinda movie do you wanna watch?" she joyfully asks me. " Ummm well how about something funny?" I really love comedy movies. I always enjoy having a laugh. " Haha I have some ideas ... we can watch The Hangover 3, Ride Along or Burt Wonderstone again." These are some of our favorite movies that we love to watch. " Oh my gosh! Of course The Hangover 3 it's like the best." Hazel laughs because she knows it's true.

I grab some plastic cups out of Hazel's pantry and fill them with cubed ice. I walk over to the counter and open up the 2 liter of Mountain Dew. I then pour an even amount of soda in two plastic cups handing one to Hazel. She takes her soda as I am already sipping mine.

Hazel makes way towards her living room and motions for me to follow her. We both sit down as Hazel grabs her remote control and turns on the TV. She changes the channel to 465 (Movies On Demand) to find The Hangover 3. When she finds the movie she presses rent and we begin to wait for the boring previews to pass.

Hazel then turns around crossing her legs criss cross to face me. " So RY how was your day ? Anything interesting happen to my best friend?!" I show a guilty smile and shake my head no even though she can tell I'm lying. "Oh my gosh RY I know something happened I've known you too long not to tell!" I grin laughing at her crazy but unsurprising actions. "Really Hazel it was nothing special..." I continue blushing. Her face lights up " OH MY GOSH ... You met a guy !!! I know you did RY don't deny it !! What does he like? Is he tall ? Hair? Eyes?!!!" I roll my eyes at her consistency and eagerness. " Okay okay Hazel I did meet a guy so what ? No big deal.." I replied shrugging my shoulders. " RYYY it issss a big deal !! You haven't dated a guy in like forever!!!" I moved my eyebrows thinking about it even though it was true, I never really dated anyone in high school. I was never really focused on guys, I was always so busy.

Hazel grabs the remote and turns off the TV and turns back to look at me. "You know what , we aren't gonna watch this movie anymore RY, you are going to tell me about this guy of yours!" She said pointing her finger , speaking with a playful but stern tone.

"Ughh okay Hazel I'll tell you are ya happy now!?" She slightly smirks and replies. " Yes RY... Yes I am." I then continue. "Okay so around 5 after class I decided to go grab a coffee at the little Cafe on 20th street..." Hazel then chimes in. "Ooo I love their coffees..." I make a small chuckle at her reaction and begin to speak again. ".... I had ordered a medium caramel frappe and... " I was paused by a ringing of the doorbell. Hazel stands up to go get the door. " Hold on RY ... I'll be right back , OUR PIZZA IS HERE!" She eagerly runs off to her door to get our feast as I remained there on the sofa thinking about Steve and how amazing he was.

A few seconds later I hear the sound of footsteps running into the room. As I turn in see an excited Hazel carrying a big box of Domino's pizza. " Arhhhh ... Pizzaaaaa!" She says as she eagerly sits down on the sofa holding the oversized box. I laugh at how crazy my best friend is. "Whaaaat?" She says laughing a little with a mouth full of pepperoni pizza. "Nothing..." I reply shaking my head laughing. "Okay so back to business RY, continue telling me about this mister mister sister!" I begin to start my story again. " Okay so back to the coffee shop... After i had left the cashier , I checked my phone to find a text message from you about meeting at your house...." She laughs. "Haha oh my gosh I'm in this story...." I laugh again... She's crazy.

".... Okay so then as I was unaware of my surroundings I bump into someone who spills their iced coffee all over my favorite blouse... "

Hazel questions " Oh my gosh the purple one?!" I reply and continue. " Yeah and anyways the guy grabs a bunch of napkins and begins to wipe off my shirt..." Hazel speaks again. "Ooo did he touch your boobs?..." I laugh and roll my eyes at her negative thinking. "Oh my gosh yes but not on purpose so negative Hazel....."

I pause to give her a weird face and then continue. " .... And then the guy begins to apologize but he looks up and I find myself staring into two beautiful blue eyes and I stop him there telling him it was fine to not worry about it.. And he was like 'Are you sure' and I told him that honestly I was fine. Then we both
sit down at a table as he pulls out my chair..."

Hazel comments ... "Awwww what a gentleman he is..." I blush as the memory of the scene flashes through my mind again. I continue ".... We talk like names and stuff and then the most surprising thing happens..." Hazel lights up. "OH MY GOSH TELL ME TELL ME WHAT HAPPENS?!!!"

I smile and continue. "... Okay so I thought I had recognized him from somewhere ... He tells me his name is Steve Rogers and I ask him have we met before.... Then he says he's other known as Cap..... Captain America.." Hazel's mouth drops in shock. "Oh..... my.... gosh RY...." I blush even more.

" I know Haz, I was so surprised I didn't recognize him until I really looked at his face..." I keep going.
" ... Then my phone buzzed again and it was you so I had to leave and as I got up he wrote down his phone number and exchanged hugs with me...." Hazel is still in total shock but speaks. " This , this is like so amazing so unexpected I don't even know RY! You have A THING WITH CAPTAIN AMERICA!" I blush like a lot now thinking about Steve again. I then look at Hazel and speak. "Hazel?..." , " Yeah RY?..." I slowly and studderly say " Do y... Do yo.. Do you think I should call him?...."

Hazel speaks up. " Yes RY , of course! ... He could be your soulmate and trust me he seems like a keeper!!!"
I laugh again at how enthusiastic Hazel is about this whole situation. " Okay, okay will you excuse me for a second..." ... " Sure RY go ahead i'll be fine." I walk out of the living room into the kitchen and lean on the counter.

I reach into my pocket finding the crumbled up napkin Steve had written his number on. I take deep breaths as I dial the number into my keypad. The phone rings twice.

Someone answers the phone and I hear Steve's deep yet attractive voice... "Hello?" I breathe in deep as I begin to speak......................

To Be Continued

Hiiiiii!:) So I hope you liked this chapter I put a lot of thought and detail into it. Don't worry I will soon update with Chapter 3 so you won't have to wait to long to hear what happens next!!!!
Love,
Xx Morgan
Niallxnialler