Ch. 3 The Date

Chapter 3

The Date

The time is now 9:15 A.M. It's Saturday finally. I'm still at Hazel's house after our sleepover. Last night after I told Hazel about Steve and how we met ... I actually called him.

At first I was so hesitant and scared to speak. Steve was so happy that I had called. After we chatted a little Steve paused and there was a few seconds of silence until... "Um... Ryanna?" I replied "Yeah Steve?..." He finally spoke... " Well I was wondering if you'd like to join me for dinner later?" I was flattered. "Sure Steve I'd love to."

Steve had planned the dinner to be at 8 p.m. at this fancy restaurant downtown . He is such a gentleman and I still can't believe I am now kind of dating him. I have less than 12 hours before our date so I decide to get out of bed and start my day.

I walk down the hallway into Hazel's room to wake her up. As I step into the room I hear the sound of snoring and find a sleeping Hazel hanging halfway off of the bed. I snicker a little at the sight of her with her hair a mess and her mouth open drooling a little. I approach her bed and pick up a large pillow hitting her with it causing her to move some. "HAZELLLLLL ... GET YOUR ASSSSSS UP!!! ... We have things to do."

Hazel eventually rises and wipes her eyes and mouth. "What RY?.." I push her a little. "Get Upppp Hazel I have a date with Steve tonight we have things to do." Hazel's face lightens up. " Oh my gosh RY are you for real?!" I smile. " Yes Haz and that's why we need to go shopping I need a new outfit for my date." Hazel finally stands up. "Well of course you do you're going on a date with Captain America!" My eyes brighten and I show a wide smile because of my excitement.

Hazel continues. " Well I'm going to take a shower and get dressed , you can use the other shower." She walks over to her closet fumbling through picking out a sundress and a jean jacket with some tan strappy sandals. Then she grabs a bright pink towel and heads to her bathroom shutting the bathroom door behind her. I walk back to to Hazel's guest room where I kept my things.

I fumble through my zebra print suitcase searching for something cute to wear. I pick out a free flowing button up blue blouse and a pair of ripped style short jean shorts. I then grab a pair of braided strapped flip flops and a towel. I head over into to Hazel's guest bathroom and close the door behind me.

*15 minutes later*

I step out out the shower wrapping a towel around me. I take a quick look in the mirror that only shows my face to smile at myself full of excitement about today. I then get dressed and brush out my hair before drying it.

After my hair is dry I fix it a little and put on a little makeup to give me a pretty but natural look. When I'm all finished I slip on some small pearl earrings and a bracelet.

I then walk into Hazel's room to see if she is finished getting dressed. As I approach the room I find Hazel slipping on her jean jacket and grabbing her android phone. She sees me at the door. "Oh Hey RY!" She says with a wide smile. "All ready to go?!" I shake my head yes. Hazel walks to the doorway and we both head through her apartment and out the door.

We walk down the slightly crowed sidewalk to the beat of the city. Everybody else can't keep up with our rhythm though they keep trying. Suddenly I think of a song ..." OH HERE WE GO FEEL IT IN MY SOUL!!" I scream out with hand motions. Hazel finishes the line "REALLY NEED IT NEED IT !!!" We both laugh then Hazel asks "Um so you wanna grab some coffee before we shop?" ....... "Oh my gosh yes let's go to the coffee shop on 20th St. where I met Steve."

*20 minutes later*

Hazel and I are walking through the city with our freshly made frappachinos. We pass a small corner store full of cute clothes. I stop Hazel and point to the little shop. "Ooo let's go in here!" She nods yes and follows me into the shop. "Hazel lets try to find something fancy but not too fancy ok?.." Hazel looks to acknowledge me. "Sure ok." After about 15 minutes of shopping I find a little black dress that flared out some at the bottom. "Hazel! Look what I found..." She comes over to me. "Oh my gosh RY that is beautiful!" I smile to her agreeing with her opinion. Hazel then suggests "Lets find some cute shoes to match!"