Chapter 2

Astrid's POV

We've been flying for a while now and we came across a beautiful island. It looked like someone might be living there and I got slightly curious. I flew slightly closer to get a better look when some dragons came towards me and Stormfly. We flew back to the group and they were just as confused as I was.

"What was that!? Were they some kind of defense system? Are you okay?" Meatlug crooned in concerned.

"We're fine Meatlug. But it definitely seemed like they were some kind of defense system for that island. It makes me wonder who could be living there." Stormfly replied.

"Do you think it could be that Hiccup boy you told us about?" Hookfang inquired in forms of grunts and growls.

"Maybe. If it is I'm not ready to face him yet. I can't let my anger get the best of me I'm still trying to get over the fact that he left even after I made him promise not to." I sighed, "Come on let's get going. We'll find somewhere to rest then we'll head out again. If it is Hiccup on that island I don't want to be close enough that he can find me just yet." they all nodded and we flew off. After a few more hours of flying we finally stopped in a large clearing of an island that seemed to only be inhabited by dragons. We ate some fish and went to sleep for the night the sounds of the small cackling fire we made lulling me off to sleep.

Hiccup's POV

It's been a year since I left Berk. The Island we claimed as our own we named dragon Edge. Toothless and I had defeated the red death a few months after we left. I lost part of my left leg and had to make a prosthetic so now I have a peg leg. Berk still went after the nest even though the dragon raids have some what stopped. Toothless has been teaching me dragonese ever since we left.

At the moment Toothless and I were just out flying when we came across a very tired looking terrible terror. We grabbed it out of the air and I put them on my lap and we flew back to the edge.

One of the Monstrous Nightmares that has been staying with us came up to me before I even dismounted. "What is it Firestar?" I asked her as she growled out her reply. She's purple and red and has been staying with us in return for saving her from the red death.

"There had been a flock of Dragons just last night that came too close to the Edge. They consisted of five terrors, a nightmare, a zippleback, a gronkle and one Nadder that seemed to have a rider. They left after a few minutes but they seemed to be talking about something. One of the night terrors distinctly heard your name mentioned. I would have told you sooner but you disappeared this morning."

"Hmm strange... Are you sure the Nadder had a rider? And why would they mention me of all people?" I questioned in a low rumble.

"Yes, and for your other question I don't know." She answered with a shrug.

"Alright. Have some of the dragons scout the surrounding area and tell me if you happen to find them. If you do I want you to bring this rider to me understood?"

"Yes Hiccup" with that she was off and I brought the terrible terror into my room letting it rest on my bed when I noticed a small piece of parchment attached to it's back. I took the parchment and opened it to reveal a note addressed specifically to me.

Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III,

It's probably strange for you to receive a message on the back of a terrible terror but then again maybe not. If you get this just know that if you ever return to Berk I'm afraid I won't be there. No, I'm not dead or dying. I... I ran away just like you did. I'm still mad at you for that. Anyway, don't come after me... Not yet.. I.. I don't want my anger to control me when I see you again, because you and I both know I have anger issues. I just wanted to let you know that I'm okay and I hope you are too. If you get this send a message back with Sneaky, that's the name of the terror that brought you this. Don't worry about me and come find me maybe in a year.. I shouldn't still be mad at you by then. Anyway, that's all I guess. Just... Please be okay.

Sincerely,
Fearless Astrid.

'Astrid... I can't believe it.. S-she ran away..? But why? And how did she manage to get this terrible terror to bring this to me? Did.. Did she actually train a dragon??' So many questions ran through my head as I read the note over and over again. I hopped on Toothless and we took off.

"Hiccup, what's going on?" toothless crooned concern on his face.

"It's Astrid. She must have trained a dragon. She's probably the one on that Nadder from last night!"

"What makes you say that!?" he questioned in a gruff as we flew out over the ocean.

"The note that was on that terrible terror it was from Astrid" I replied. We kept flying as one thought clouded my mind the entire flight.

'Astrid, I don't care what you said in that note. I will find you.'