Chapter 7

A/N: I need ideas of what the bewilderbeast should be called. I need you guys to comment good names for the giant ice-spitting dragon! Please help!!

"With his icy breath, this graceful giant built our nest. A safe haven for dragons everywhere."

"Wow." I said in awe. "And Astrid?"

"Oh she's been living here for three years now. I found her and her group of dragons a year after she left Berk. You see the King protects us as we all live under his care. And his command. All but the babies, of course... who listen to no one!" The babies pester Toothless again, and Cloudjumper scares them off. They land on the Bewilderbeast, who wakes up, gently blows them off and turns to face me and my mom. I notice Astrid look at us when my mom spoke again. "I've lived among them for twenty years, Hiccup, learning their ways, discovering their secrets..." the bewilderbeast blew in my face covering my hair with frost. 

"He likes you." A voice said from somewhere beside me I turned to see Astrid. 

"The dragon thief is my mom and you knew about it!?" I exclaimed. She smiled lightly as she nodded.

"I didn't want to be the one to tell you. So I kept it a secret and let you find out from Valka herself." She walked closer to us and bowed to the king before he left the three of us to ourselves, "Come on, dinners almost ready." she started walking away. After we finished eating dinner mom asked Astrid a question. 

"So this is where you disappeared to? You went to find Hiccup?" Astrid laughed lightly before shaking her head.

"That was actually an accident. Stormfly and I were out flying when..." she trailed off her face a mixture of seriousness and fear, "Trappers hit a part of Stormfly's wing and her leg. We crash landed on Hiccups island and some of the dragons took us too him. The trappers from what glimpses I could get it seemed like they were splitting up. I couldn't get a clear look at where they were going because we crashed." Her and my mom shared a knowing glance.

"What am I missing here?" I asked them.

"It's nothing son, you don't need to worry."

"I don't believe that. What's going on?" I glared at them. Astrid sighed looking at her mask that's in her hands.

"Drago Bludvist. He's been building an army. A dragon army. He's headed here. To the sanctuary." She spoke up not removing her eyes off her mask. I just stared having heard his name before but not knowing who he was.

"I caused this Astrid so please don't think too much about it. I'm the one that would save the dragon's and help them get out of his grasp. I shouldn't have dragged either of you into this fight. War is now inevitable. If he takes the nest everything will be lost and he'll take over Berk and every other island that gets in his way." my mom put her hand on Astrid's shoulder as she finally looked up.

"I'm going to help."

Astrid's POV

"What?" I asked looking at Hiccup.

"I'm going to help. If I bring the dragons from my island they'll be more than willing to help." he stated completely serious.

"No. It won't matter. There's nothing we could do we have dragons yes. So does he, but he also has an army made of both vikings and trappers, we can't fight both." Valka looked down at the fire Stormfly made. 

"We could leave." I whispered. 

"What?" they both asked staring at me.

"We could leave." I repeated, "Find a new home for the dragons before Drago can get it here. It'll give us at least a little bit of time to more fully prepare for the battle that's 'bout to come." I heard Valka sigh beside me.

"Alright but where do we go?"

"Come to my island. From there we can find a new island for you to rebuild the nest." Hiccup suggested. I nodded and so did Valka and the next day we got to planning and letting all the dragons know what was to happen.