Chapter 9

Astrid's POV

Giggling at the two love dragons I turned to Hiccup, "Come on we should probably check on the rest of the dragons and make sure they've separated into groups. We can't have too many dragons leaving at once." I turned to leave when I heard low growling from Luna.

"What are you talking about Astrid?" when I looked at her she had tilted her head, confusion clear in her eyes. 

"Well, we're moving the nest. You're not safe here anymore. It'll take at least a few days but we'll manage." Hiccup responded to her low growl before I could. 

"Does that mean I have to come with?" she didn't sound very excited. I just giggled at her and nodded before heading back out to the ledge that marks the end of the cavern. Looking at all the dragons from up here, I can't help but feel sad, heartbroken almost, to think that when Drago comes here this beautiful sanctuary will be mostly destroyed. Even if we came back and cleaned it up, he'll always be there waiting to destroy it again. Unless we defeat him for good.

"You know it'll be okay Astrid," I felt a hand on my shoulder, as Hiccup came and admired the view, "It is a beautiful place though. No wonder I couldn't find you all these years."

Staring at him shocked I asked, "You came looking for me?" 

"Of course ever since I got that note from you I kept looking. Even dragged a couple of my friends on the search with me." I was shocked and definitely not expecting that.

"Wait.. Didn't I say not to look for me?" I rose my eyebrow skeptically at him earning a nervous chuckle from him.

"Well technically you said to wait a year but I didn't want to wait. I couldn't wait. Although now that I think about it...."

"What?"

"One of my dragon guards told me of a strange flock of dragons consisting of a gronckle, zippleback, nightmare, five terrors and a nadder who had a rider the night just before I got your note. It was on my birthday even. They even said my name specifically. You wouldn't happen to know them would you?" by the time he asked the question he was giving me an almost knowing smirk.

Giving out a frustrated sigh after realizing what he was talking about I confessed, "So that was your island. Fine. I admit it it was me, happy now?" I looked at him waiting for my answer. But him being him did the unexpected and kissed me - on the cheek.

"I am now, m'lady." and this is when I start to blush and mentally freak out along with wanting to kill him for keeping that stupid smirk on his face....

But then I see stormfly. Now it's my turn to smirk. I see her watching me as I move slightly closer to the edge as I turn around so Hiccup doesn't notice and behind my back give my special signal that's only between the two of us and another dragon rider I haven't seen in a few months. Poor unsuspecting Hiccup just looks confused as my smirk grows before I jump off the icy platform.

Hiccup's POV

Astrid.. Just jumped... Off the edge of the caverns platform..

Oh Thor.. Oh Thor oh Thor oh Thor.

"Toothless!" right as I yell for him I hear laughter coming from somewhere below me and I lean over the edge to see that it's Astrid. On top of Stormfly. Oh she'll pay for that.

"ASTRID!! You'll pay for that!" she just laughed harder. Of course, "You scared the living day lights out of me! What were you thinking!?" by this point she was closer to the ledge.

"Nothing important. Just wondering how you'd react that's all now come on the first two groups are ready to leave." and with that she flew off leaving me stunned and Toothless along with his very, very recently found lover utterly confused. 'Oh, Odin help me for that girl will be the death of me.'