28

"Non-stop flight from Los Angeles California to New York City New York is now boarding." Luckily Google had set me up with a first class flight so when I boarded the plane it had tons of leg room so I could stretch out since I haven't really been sleeping. Once we take off I answer a bunch of emails and then laid there with my eyes closed for the rest of the flight never fully falling asleep. 

Once I arrive the car takes me to my hotel and once in my room I put my luggage down and turn on the light to find a vase full of roses. I take out the card hoping it was from Heath. "Thank you so much for joining us this week we can't wait to begin our work together! Sincerely, The Google and YouTube Team". My heart drops a little, I guess I really am on my own out here, I think to myself.

I decide to fill the bath with hot water and bubbles and hop in, I bring my phone with me because I thought that I might do a vlog of my time in NYC.

"What is up my little song birds, I wont be singing for you today I thought since I will be in New York this week that I might just do a vlog for you, showing you snippets of what I am doing, unfortunately I cant show you everything until I am allowed to but I thought since I am on my own that I will take my best friends along with me. So for starters I just got in and after the long flight I decided to hop in the bath and relax, I have to be up early tomorrow for a couple of meetings about some very important moves I am hoping to make and then tomorrow night I will be going to Hamilton. Which I am beyond excited about so stay tuned into my socials for some behind the scenes things." I blow some bubble kisses at my phone as a transition shot and put it on the floor next to the tub while I continue to soak.

The next morning my alarm goes off at 6 and I hustle out of bed. Picked up my camera and turned it on, "Good morning besties its 6 am and I have so much to do today, I hope you guys are ready to go on this adventure with me!" I say into the camera as convincingly as I can. I got ready for the day and was out the door and met up with the car that was taking me around places. I pulled up to Wilhelmina Modeling Agency for my first meeting. Pulled out my phone again to be more conspicuous, "Okay guys I'm at my first meeting wish me luck, ill update you guys when I get done". I go through the interview process and do a small photo shoot, they told me they would get back to me about working together in the future. Getting my phone again, "Well that was interesting guys, I had never thought of modeling before so I guess we will see where that goes, the interview was a bit awkward but I think the pictures came out nicely, I am so freaking weird, ok so meeting number two lets go!" I blow another kiss at the camera as another transition since that is what I did with the bubbles last night.

My driver pulls up to YouTube Space NY and I pull out my camera to film this part. "Look where I am, holy shit this place is huge!" I film the sign and the outside of the building, I walk inside to the front desk where they greet me by name. "Hi Emma, we are so glad you are here, Let me take you to the conference room," the receptionist says politely. "I can not believe I am here guys," I say into the camera. Once the receptionist walks out of the conference room my nerves shoot to the max, "So I am here to talk about where YouTube sees me and where I see myself going online and a bunch of other business things and you know how I talked a few days ago about my anxiety well I am not hiding from you guys about this. I am literally 2 minutes away from having a complete breakdown, its becoming harder to breathe at the moment because I am so nervous. I just want everyone to like me, so I am going to get some gum because science has told me that is a way to distract my brain and I am going to poker face through this. Ok guys I am going to see you after we get all the boring things out of the way."

I finish all of my meetings and get through the rest of the day without any glitches. 

"Day 2 of NYC guys! Today I am going to be taking in some site seeing and then getting ready for Hamilton tonight, so if you are ready I am, lets see some sites." I vlog Time Square, Central Park, the memorial site for 9/11, the shops on 5th Ave, and then end at the Statue of Liberty. "Alright so now time to head back to the hotel to get ready for Broadway, If I can make it there I can make it anywhere its up to you New York... New York," Finishing up singing the song with jazz hands.

I am pulled up to the back entrance to the theater well before anyone else is there because they are giving me the grand tour of the place and I get to meet Lin-Manuel Miranda before they perform. The guide shows me all around and we end on the stage that is all set for the show. I ask if I can sing on the stage telling her that this is my biggest dream (all while recording on my camera) she says she doesn't mind because Lin-Manuel is still getting ready. I set my camera on the edge of the stage after panning around the empty chairs and begin to sing.

"There was a time that men where kind, when their voices were a soft, andtheir words inviting.... there was a time when love was blind and the world was asong and that song was exciting...there was a time... then it all went wrong..... Idreamed a dream when times gone by, when hope was high and life worth living. Idreamed that love would never die; I dreamed that God would be forgiving. ThenI was young and unafraid and dreams were made and used and wasted. There was noransom to be paid, so song unsung no wine un-tasted. But the tigers come atnight, with their voices soft as thunder but they tear your hope apart and theyturn your dreams to shame. He slept a summer by my side, he filled my days withendless wonder, he took my childhood in his stride but he was gone when autumncame. And still I dream he'll come to me, that we will live the years together,but there are dreams that cannot be and there are storms we cannot weather. Ihad a dream my life would be so different from this hell I'm living sodifferent now from what it seemed. Now life has killed the dream...... I dreamed....."I am barely able to finish the last words without tears streaming down my cheeks but I just barely manage.Applause erupts from both sides of the stage where the people from the chorusand the other actors were watching from the wings. I go completely red notrealizing people were watching me live out my number one top bucket list item.My camera is still rolling and I have completely forgotten about it. Lin-Manuelcomes out on stage from stage right and wraps me in a hug, "Nothing about thatperformance would I change, you put your heart and soul into that song and I feltevery emotion you had, that was magnificent." I am awestruck by his complement."Would you mind coming over tomorrow if you are free and have another song available that youhave been working on, I have another show in the works that I would like you toaudition for." I am beside myself right now, "Of course I would! I would behonored, that would be amazing," I say beginning to ramble. "Where are yousitting tonight?" I point to the back of the auditorium. "That is not where youdeserve; I have a few seats upfront please sit as my guest." He says sweetly. "Thankyou so much I am so undeserving, just honestly a fan of yours, this means somuch to me, thank you," I give him a hug and turn back towards the front of thestage where I see my camera blinking from recording. I go to pick it up andfind the stairs that go to the front row to watch as they begin theirrehearsals. I point the camera at my face trying to be as quiet as I can whileugly crying, "Holy hell guys what just happened, I cant even right now, Imgoing to enjoy the show... we will talk about what just happened if I don't diefrom happiness before the end of the night." I blow another kiss and turn offthe camera. I proceed to watch the show with the biggest grin possibleplastered on my face.    

*************

Thank you guys for all the reads, so sorry for the 18th time that I havent uploaded in awhile. Hope you are enjoying this!

-Molly