31

I try to get my bearings but it seems like all my senses are working against me. A jacket is put around my shoulders and it smells like Davids'. Then someone lights a cigarette and puts it to my lips, after a take a strong drag and let it out I can taste and smell that it's the same kind I started to smoke when I kept stealing them from Heath. I am sat in a chair and told to put in ear buds and some music, Im guessing that my surprise is not yet ready or they are trying to drag out my panic as long as they can.

I sit enjoying the music and my smoke. I am tapped on my shoulder and jump as they startled me. One of the ear buds is take from my ear and Liza whispers just a few more minutes.

I am so restless, my heart is beating out of my chest. The earphones are out of my ears now and I can hear a loud speaker say that the time is now 11:50. What the hell are they waiting for I want to see the ball drop.

I begin to get up and I yell out to David and Liza that I want to see the ball drop and that they need to put whatever animal that they are about to put on my body away because I am not going to miss this.

Strong hands wrap around my arm and without saying anything put my gently back in my seat, the smell of cologne is vaguely familiar but not one that I have smelled recently. I just can't my finger on it. My teeth start to chatter and I start to shake from being cold and nervous, David yells "Jason, will you get Emma a blanket before she catches hypothermia!"

"What the hell is Jason doing here, Jason what the actual hell.... What is going on??" I cream at the top of my lungs. Jason brings me a warm blanket that feels like it has been in a dryer all night and I am still mad as hell but im relaxed alittle by its warmth.

A country song starts playing, it's the new one by Blake Shelton:

Girl, it's high time, I tell ya
No more messin' around
Time to lay these cards on the table
And just throw it on out

I'm talkin' you and me with the same street name
Same last name, same everything
It's a real thing, a how I feel thing
So I'mma go on and take a swing

You find the spot and I'll find the money
You be the pretty and I'll be the funny
You plant the flowers, I'll plant the kisses
Baby, let's get right down to business

The strong hands grab both of mine and pull me up till I am standing face to face with my blind fold still on, they place one hand on my waist and the other in my palm and we start to slow dance, as soon as we do that scent that I smelled earlier hits me again.

I pull away, and desolve to tears, and rip my blind fold off my face. I know that scent. I love that scent. Heath takes a step back from me then drops down to one knee in front of me.

The whole vlog squad is there, cameras at the ready. I am so confused.

"Country, I know I've been an ass lately. I was just so nervous of how you would react to tonight. The last six months while they have been a rollercoaster, I only want to ride this rollercoaster with you. You are the most beautiful, most talented, hardest working, and most infuriating woman I have ever met. You make me love harder than I thought I was capable of. I want to be your knight in shining armor and your sidekick when you don't a knight. I want to show you the world and a sunrise from a front porch swing we hang out in front of our house someday. I want to give you everything you want and some things you didn't even know you needed. I love you Emma, please marry me," He says as he looks up at me with those puppy dog eyes I cant resist.

Everyone is silent, holding their breath for my answer.

The crowd below starts the count down

10

9

8

7

"Country will you be my wife?" He asks again. I am shocked into silence.

6

5

4

3

"Yes, Heath I will marry you!

1

As they get to one, we kiss the most passionate kiss we have had to date. The squad is screaming and kissing their significant others as they ring in the new year with us. Heath put the ring on my finger and I turn to see, Liza, David, Jason, Gabbie, Zane, Scott, Toddy and Kristen smiling back at me.

My stomach is still in knots and I look back up at Heath and I can tell this is the man I want to spend the rest of my life with.