Chapter Three

That night he tossed and turned, trying in vain to evade to nightmares. Occasionally he'd wake up in a cold sweat, look around, and sigh. Everytime he'd wake up thinking that this was all a dream-she'd be right there to comfort him. But she never was.

Yes, they'd gone through security cameras, but it wasn't enough. They didn't look hard enough. They couldn't have! He knew they had a lot more work before they found Isla-he did know that-but it was just taking so long to do so. And it was killing him to just sleep soundly while who knows what is happening to Isla!

"I don't care what it takes-rip her apart if you must. Just find out how she remembers. And make it snappy!" The man growled at the two men. The duo nodded, turned, and walked down the long empty hall headed in the direction of the girl's cell.

A pang of guilt washed over them. Was this right? What if they took it too far and killed her? Just as quickly as the fears came, they disappeared. This was their job, after all. And she wasn't even a human.

Pushing the key in the keyhole and turning it, the door creeked open. Isla, looked up tired and exhausted. She had faith that Tsukasa would find her. After all, she was still alive somehow-he must have done something to save her.

The two men grabbed her by the arms and they exited. Isla had flinched upon contact but didn't struggle. She was beginning to give up.

"Let's run the plate number through the system and see if it's a stolen car or to who it belongs to." Tsukasa said, already pulling up a highly secure website and typing in the plate.

On one side if the split screen was the plate number they had and on the other were numbers and letters flying through to find the right combination. Impatient, Tsukasa started to get fidgety and glanced around the room. All eyes seemed to be on the screen but every now and then he'd see their eyes flicker to him.

Suddenly the numbers and letters stopped, lighting up green and a window pooped up with the car information.

"Jacob Swords, male, thirty four years old." Ria read aloud. "He sounds American..."

"That's because he is." Michiru cut in. "He came to work for this company six years ago and has been climbing the ranks ever since he joined. He's extremely smart and powerful so if he is the one who has Isla, be careful."

"We will."

The rest of the day, Tsukasa watched security cameras, following the car until it stopped at an older looking building. He jumped up, got the address to that awful looking place, and was prepared to go there alone until Michiru and Ria caught him sneaking out the front door.

"And where do you think you're going?" Tsukasa whipped around seeing Michiru with her hip cocked out to one side and both hands on her hips. Ria had her arms crossed over her chest with a disapproving look.

"Where does it look like I'm going, to get Isla."