1: New Roommate

Taehyung and Jimin were hanging out in Jimin's dorm, also Taehyung knew Jimin was getting a roommate so Tae was there to also tell Jimin that so he wouldn't be so scared when a random stranger would walk into the room.

Jungkook is supposed to arrive any minute.

"Jimin." 

"Yes?" Jimin replies in sign language.

"You're getting a new roommate today! Well actually like, any minute..." Tae says excited and then sheepishly.

Poor Jimin looks terrified. "No, I don't want a roommate, I don't need one! I can't!" Jimin signs angrily at first and then started crying, realizing all the possibilities his cruel mind could come up with, none were good.

"Come here Jimin, it'll be alright. I will be here for you when he comes in, I bet he will be nice, I bet there will be nothing to worry about." Taehyung says as he pulls Jimin into a hug to comfort him. Jimin finally pulls himself together after about ten minutes to prepare himself knowing his new roommate could walk in any minute.

"Thank you, Tae." Jimin signs with an attempt at a smile.

"I will be there for you Jimin, no matter what." He says back.

Suddenly a turn of the doorknob is heard and the door opens. "Hello!" Jungkook calls out and Tae yells back, 

"In here!"

Jungkook makes his way to the kitchen where the two are hanging out. "Hi, I'm Jeon Jungkook, and which one of you are my roommate?" The rather quite oblivious Jungkook asks.

"He is, but I'm Kim Taehyung, that's Park Jimin nice to meet you!" Tae says as he points to Jimin. Jimin just looks down into his lap and fidgets with his fingers, obviously scared and nervous.

Jimin signs, "Nice to meet you J-u-n-g-k-o-o-k, is that how you spell it?"

Jungkook notices the sign language 

'Is he deaf?' Jungkook thinks but then used his head a little but more, no that can't be if he was able to hear what we just said. But still, Jungkook doesn't know how to read sign language, so Taehyung translates for him as Tae notices how confused Jungkook is,

 "Oh sorry, he said 'Nice to meet you Jungkook, spelling it J-u-n-g-k-o-o-k, then he asked if he had spelled it right.'"

"O-oh yeah that's how you spell it! Well nice to meet you too Park Jimin!" Jungkook says as he holds out his hand to shake with Jimin's. Jimin was terrified and started to freak out and started to cry.

 "No!" He signed, and then turned away, pushing Jungkook's kind offer of a handshake away.

"Oh my god! I'm sorry did I do something!?" Jungkook asks because he feels terrible the poor boy started crying.

"Shhhh" Tae says pulling Jimin into a hug. As Jimin sets his head in the crook of Tae's shoulder. "No, you didn't do anything, he is just really afraid of meeting new people because of what has happened in his past." Tae says as Jimin pulls out of the hug sadly shaking his head, not really wanting to look up at his new roommate. 

"Oh ok, I thought I did something, but if you don't mind me asking, what happened?" Jungkook asks, curiosity just happened to get the best out of him.

"I'm sorry, you'd have to ask Jimin as I don't even know, he isn't really one to open up, you know? Also, I really don't think he wants to live through it again though, so please give him time to trust you and maybe one day he will tell his story and not just to you, but us all." Taehyung says for Jimin, knowing he wouldn't be able to handle saying that and Jimin signs back to Tae. 

"Thank you"

"Ok, sorry for asking I didn't want to upset anyone. Also, I have a question..." Jungkook says.

"Shoot," Tae says.

"Since you interpret his sign language and practically speak for him, how am I supposed to communicate with him when you're not here?" Jungkook asks, at least it wasn't some stupid pointless question, especially one along the lines of 'why won't he speak?' That is honestly the worst of the dumb questions people ask at school.

"Oh yeah! I totally forgot! He will give you his phone number and when you need to talk to him he will answer through texting you, or manually writing." Tae says as Jimin motions for Jungkook to hand him his phone, so Jimin can put his number in. As Jimin puts his number in Jungkook's phone Tae announces he has to leave, Jimin quickly looks up with a terrified expression and signs, 

"Please, don't leave!".

"Jimin, I have to go, I know that you'll be fine," Tae says. Concerned, he leans up to whisper to Jimin so Jungkook won't hear. "He seems nice and if you have any problems with him, just text me." He quickly whispers into Jimins ear as he briskly walks to the door afterwards, as he is in a hurry to leave.

The door closes shut, implicating that Tae left. Jimin is just sitting there paralyzed with fear, hugging his knees into his chest.

"Hey, hey, hey you'll be fine, I won't do anything." Jungkook says awkwardly, trying to comfort him, without touching him, as that didn't turn out well the first time. Jimin get's his phone out to text Jungkook.

"I'm sorry, it's just a habit, I can't trust anyone, well that's what I feel at first with strangers. Just give me time, that's all I request." Jimin replies, but he knows this is time he'll never gain back, it's just another loss, why would he want more time on the damned planet anyways?

"It's fine, I understand, well not what you went through, but that you need time to trust me. Hell, I don't trust people too quickly either." Jungkook says back, making Jimin feel a little better about this whole roommate situation.

Jimin finds Jungkook's voice very soothing, it's very nice, just like... some memories of certain people. The thought of *his* voice again makes him run out of the kitchen, into the bathroom "Useless, slut, whore." All things he was called. Jimin started crying, thinking, 

"I'm useless, no one deserves to love me, I don't even deserve to live!" He goes to grab the blade from the cabinet when here hears someone banging against the door.

"JIMIN OPEN UP! Why did you run off?" Jungkook says very worried about Jimin knowing his state. Jimin freezes in fear, no one can know his secret, he doesn't want anyone to know it. He thinks he deserves this kind of punishment. Carefully Jimin walks up to the door which seems like a million miles away. Slowly he turns the knob. It's fully open and Jungkook looks to see a distressed and broken Jimin, because his eyes were all red and puffy from crying and just the look on his face was heart breaking. Jungkook thought to himself,

 'No, boy this cute should be so broken.'

"Hey, it's ok, you'll be fine." Jungkook says as he pulls Jimin into a hug to comfort him. Jimin flinches a little bit as he is pulled into the hug, but then he lets it happen, there is something that is just super comforting about Jungkook's touch, he wants to feel it all the time. Where was a comforting and caring touch like Jungkook's, especially, when Jimin needed it the most? Where was this type of touch all of Jimin's life?

And for once in his life, Jimin felt safe and actually had a small genuine smile, even if it was small and lasted for a couple seconds. All that matters was a small genuine smile, could lead to more in the future, and bigger and longer ones. This is just the start, all because of one person.

Now, Jimin could be on a road to recovery, maybe not gaining his voice back, but his life.

~~

Chapter one, how do you like it??

With this one I enjoy writing wayyyy more than extra credit (Sorry to those who prefer it, writing it was really hard because I didn't enjoy it, I don't really like the plot anymore and my writing even though it was a couple of months ago was way worse, now my writing is way better and so will extra credit when I will publish again)

So because this is more enjoyable and way less cringey to write, I will try to have more frequent updates.