❝one❞

chapter one
country

❝it is not down on any map; true places never are❞

〰nova anderson〰

Dont get me wrong, the city is a great place with all of its fancy lights and busy streets, people clustered together to catch the morning train. But in my eyes, the countryside is much better. There's never any traffic, hardly anybody at the local shops and the train station well, I wouldn't say that it's awfully close. And yeah, the city may have better things in your eyes but in mine, I can survive just as long in the counrty.

What's this girls name you may be wondering. My name is Nova Anderson. Yes I know, strange name isn't it. You probably thought that my name was something like Alice or Hannah, well with me living in the country. But no, my parents decided that a perfect name for their countryside daughter would without doubt have to be Nova. But anyway, that was 17 years ago, we don't need to worry about that now. I have frizzy black hair and dark, chocolate skin, which is a plus because I hardly get burnt, and that I can brag to my brother who turns into a full on tomato. I have plain brown eyes. Boring eyes, is what I like to call them because brown isn't really a "special" eye colour like blue or green.

I don't have a very big family, it's just my mum and dad and my brother, Sevry. He has pale skin and brown hair that stands out. He's your typical "popular" child. The bonus is that his friends can't give me a hard time because he's my brother and he'll most likely beat them up

I have left some important information out though, something that on may all be extremely confused about
I'm adopted.
Yep that's right, I have no biological parents. Well like, I do, I just don't know where they are or even what they look like. They brought me out here when I was 1, leaving me in the unknown on the doorstep of two loving parents with one child also the age of 1, and that child being Sevry. I didn't have a name when they gave me away. Well I might've but as of today my name is Nova.

And as of today, my whole entire life will completely and utterly change, throwing me into a whole galaxy of obstacles