Journey

I helped Jon out of the water as Rick waded out with his bag of weapons as someone called out to him.

"Hey O'Connell, seems I have all the horse's!!" The stranger, a very mistrusting man, who mind you wasn't easy on the eyes called out to my bestie.

Hehe, bestie....I humor to myself.

"Hey Beni! Seems like your on the wrong side of the river!!" Rick yelled back sounding triumphant as, Beni as I now know, looked up and around and kicked the sand where he stood in anger.

I cracked my back as I stretched blinking at the sound, but laughed it off as Jon and Evie looked at me confused.

Rick just rolled his eyes.

*****

I looked into the mirror in front of me, I was in a pure white outfit, which was good against the sun, but it seemed like I was being praised by these women once there saw some of my birth marked tattoos.

It was dress that was long sleeved and see through except in the main torso area and down to mid thigh and close to my neck to cover what should not be seen. My back was fully bare as it made the dress a but more airy, my bum still covered. It even had a veil, it was whit and covered my hair almost completely, the see through part covering half my face.

My eyes were done in black Kohl and Egyptian styled, with white eye shadow. I stood touching the gold band on my forehead a bit.

I walked out to see Evie in a somewhat similar dress only it had a back part, and was black, wouldn't that be hot? I shrugged to myself as I went forward to where she stood petting a camel.

"You look like a Princess, Lotus." Rick compliments.

I smile sheepishly. "Uh, well, I guess." I told him as I took the camel he handed to me, and easily got on as he went and helped Evie up.

"He's right you know, you look like Queen to be honest." Evie said as she shifted on the camel to get comfy.

"Thanks. But I'm no Princess nor am I a Queen. I'm sure of that." I told them as we saw the Warden, which I've barely seen, and didn't really like nor cared for, arguing with Jon.....again....

******

I was once more, in another place I don't know, but is yet still familiar to me that I can't seem to shake it off. I was curious, really I was. One moment I'm sleeping, letting everyone do what they do as we countinued to walk through the desert and here I am in a, what im guessing is a throne room, well I'm standing outside it but I can see in through the doors that were opened and the guards having looked at me with high respect.

"High priestess!" One of the guards by the door said while bowing.

I don't give them a word as I walk into the room, and straight to the middle and waited. For what I am unsure, but I was just letting whatever was happening to happen.

I then saw the doors close, painted gold priests shut the door behind me.

My body came slack as I went forward and let my white dress from before flitter around my legs as I run into the balcony that shows the city somewhat away and the twinkling stars, and the pyramids! I waited there, for what, I'm not entirely sure.

That was until a man stepped out and hugged me from behind, scaring me, making me jump. I could tell it was a man but the large build and muscles that I knew belonged to the man from the earlier phenomena.

"Lotus, my flower." The man whispered as me kissed NY neck softly.

But my body pushed him away softly, and I stared up into the man's brown eyes. "We can't do this, it's forbidden....even more so then sleeping with a Pharaoh's mistress." I told him, and I also realized this was all in a different language, a language I knew, Ancient Egyptian.

"But Lotus, we're in love...Can't the gods let it be?" He asked staring at me hurt.

"No....I've told you, time and time again, you are a high preist, and I a priestess who must keep her virtue.....we can't keep meeting, just to talk and fall deeper in love, I'm stopping all visits with you and we shall only meet if required to do so. I'm...sorry Imhotep...it's for the best." I said, feeling the pain in my heart as tears sprung to my eyes and I quickly ran out.

I snapped my eyes open as I was shook awake by a large hand, another wiping wet tears from my eyes.

"You okay Lo?" Rick asked looking deep into my eyes as he held my face.

I nodded, wiping my face off gently. "Sorry, a sad dream was all...." I said and he nodded and we countinued on.

"And you snore!!" Came the bantering of Jon and the Warden.

"I do not snore!" The warden argued back to Jon.

Jon just kept at it. "All night you snored!" The man yelled at the other Egyptian man.

"I have never snored!" He bellowed back making me roll my eyes at the two.

Rick looked over at Evie. "We're almost there." He told her.

"Are you sure?" She asked inquisitively and most likely excited as could be.

"Pretty sure." I intersected in as we see the dozens of bleached out skeletons that had no skin to spare on them.

"What the bloody hell is all those?" Jon asked from behind voice stricken in horror.

"Other seekers of Hamunptra." The warden supplied, obviously afraid.

I looked forward, and didn't look back down at the fallen as we countinued our journey to the city of the dead.