The Night Before

I ran out, maybe a bit to fast as I had tripped over a medjai in the process, and missing a bullet in the process luckily.

Quickly I stood up and fought, helping the Americans skillfully, where these skills came from, I am unsure. But they were there.

One particularly large man, came at me. Well, everyone was bigger then me. I was after all, a very tiny woman that people sometimes misjudge me.

The man smirked, twirling his sword as he stalked towards me.

I smirked back as I twirled my knives expertly and got into a move, where my legs were spread and slightly bent, one arm  with the knife up beside my head, the other near my hip, knife pouting upwards.

He seemed to falter slightly as he saw my inner wrist birth marks, but charged to which I ran at him too.

"Enough!!" Someone yelled and me and the man stopped short glaring at each other intensely. I felt eyes on me and then my lower back, dude, you either better be seeing my birth tattoo or, your dead, I thought to myself as I kept myself trained on the man in front of me. "We will shed no more blood, but you must leave. leave this place or die. You have one day." The man said then remounted his horse and so did the rest of the men.

I sheathed my daggers, or knives back into their holders as I watched the medjai look at me with slight puzzlement and slight awe before they left.

"Well, my fight with that one guy was anti climatic." I laughed to myself.

Rick looked over at me. "Where were you? Earlier, you disappeared."

"Oh, the usual, chatting with the dead and all that." I said waving my hand in the air nonchalantly.

Rick raised a brow at me before shaking his head. "That wouldn't be there first time I guess." He said as he went over to a tripped Evie, and helped her up from the ground, giggling the whole way up.

"That proves it! Old Seti's fortune gots to be under this sand!" Daniels whooted. "For them to protect it like this, there's gotta be treasure down there."

"Or, they really are trying to warn us, these men aren't here for the gold." I told him putting my hands on my hips.

"Or they know there's treasure down there." Henderson now pipped up as he looked down on me.

I rolled my eyes at him and stuck my tongue out childishly, like I love to be like, a child that is.

"These men are dessert people." Rick informed as he stood with Evie by his side. "They value water then they do gold."

Burns walked over with his face half done from his late night shave. "You know, maybe just at night, we could combine forces?"

Rick just gave him a look and we walked back to camp.

*****

I was trying to get more sleep but the giggling between Evie and Rick was a bit distracting, but eventually I fell asleep.

But, again I was in the other world of my past life's memories. I found out cause the woman has the same name as me and looks like me. And why else would I be having these dreams, so again I layed back and let the memories show.

I was waking up to being slightly jostled, "Imhotep?" I whispered out as I groaned.

Arms around my waist tightened. "Yes my dessert flower?" The familiar voice of Imhotep whispered into my ear.

Finally awake fully, I realized my hands were tied in soft silk, and so were my feet to the side of the horse I was on with Imhotep. "What!? Imhotep, what are you doing?!" I asked as I tried to get out of my bindings.

He hugged me to his chest. "Shh, my love, nothing will come to harm you." He said as he held me.

"What are you going to do?" I asked slightly shaking in fear of whats to come.

"In going to bring back Anck-su-namun, make her the new deity, and free you so that I may finally have you." He said looking deep into my eyes which were wide.

"You can't do that! You'll anger the gods!" I said pushing against his chest.

He frowned down on me. "I'm willing to anger them, if it means I'll be with you for all eternity."

I shook my head. "They are God's! We are the beings that help them speak to the rest of the people! It's like betraying a while country! You could suffer the hom-dai!" I cried as I countinued to try and get away.

He suddenly had a bruising grip to which I cried out on but he quickly shut that up with a feverous kiss that stole my breath away. "Death is only the beginning, my little dessert flower, my Lotus." He said and kissed my forehead as we continue onwards to the city of the dead.

****

I woke up, by opening my eyes from under the this blanket I have, my facial expression curious.

What is going on?

Sighing I sat up to see Rick waking up from across me.

"Morning." I said to the man, laughing as he gave a pityful glare my way. "Hangover bad?"

He shook his head. "Not as bad as it will be for Evie and Jon." He said standing and stretching.

I laughed, waking Jon and Evie who groaned.

"Let's get to work then shall we?" I asked as they to got up.