Chapter 5

Sunlight came through the den seeping into Shadowpaw's eyes and he got up to strech. He saw his sisters do the same. He walks out side the he walks to his mentor and meows "What are we doing today?"

"A little battle training, one border patrol, and a hunting patrol." Meows Sunrays. Shadowpaw nods respectfully and follows her to a group with two cats.

"Are you ready?" Asks Chasingclouds. They all nod. Tigerstripe takes lead and they all follow.

The patrol was uneventful and Shadowpaw got bored. They headed back to camp and Shawdowpaw walks to sit for a tiny bit.

"Hey watch it!" Gingerpaw meows bumping into Shadowpaw. Shadowpaw's eyes burn with furry and retorts "Why don't you you mouse-brained twit. Your rude and have no friends and you would if you had a slightest bit of concern for other cats!"

Anger, hurt, and sadness swirl in his eyes "You you I well." He hisses then turns around waking away. Shadowpaw smirks and then turns walking to a random part of camp.

Sunrays comes over looking annoyed. "Why did you be mean to Gingerpaw?" She asks

"That annoying fur-ball bumped into me and said watch it so I told him the truth." Fire burned in his eyes as he spoke.

"As your mentor I have to punish you. As you friend I have to say good one." She meows purring the last part.

"Ok what my punishment?" Shadowpaw asks.

"You can't battle train today. You have to wait ten sunrises before you can battle train." Sunrays meows.

Shadowpaw opened his mouth to protest but shut it to seeing the look Sunrays was giving him.

"When is the hunting patrol?" Asks Shadowpaw trying hard to change the subject.

"Now let's go my little fiery apprentice." She jokes.

"Well at least I'm not old." Shadowpaw meows sarcastically. Sunrays stops dead.

"I'm faster than you and I'm only a little older than you. We are old enough to be mates!" She retorts.

Shadowpaw goes red "Us mates?" Sunrays just shrugs and leads him to the patrol.

They hunt and Shadowpaw catches two mice and a black bird. Sunrays grabs a piece of fresh kill and eats it.

He heads to the apprentice den and falls asleep.