7

"Honey, you must have sat in a pile of sugar your ass is so sweet."

"Heard it."

"Oh come on!"

[Y/n] sighed as she continued to walk through the halls of the castle, Lance decided to tag along halfway through. Rea was either in [Y/n]'s room sleeping or playing with the space mice. 

"Look, Lance. If you keep using over-used pick up lines, your charm is going to be about as good as Keith's, and his is only sharp because of his sword."

"Pft, like you can do any better."

"Wanna bet?"

"Yeah."

[Y/n] smirked. She saw Pidge come out of some sort of storage closet out of the corner of her eye. 

"Hey, Pidge! Can you come here for a second?", [Y/n] waved over Pidge who looked over and set down a box she was carrying. 

"Is something up?", Pidge asked, standing the the side of [Y/n].

"You know, I've been thinking that you would probably have a natural talent at archery."

Both Lance and Pidge raised a brow in confusion. 

"What makes you think that?", Pidge asked, smiling slightly. 

"You know, since you shot through my heart", [Y/n] said with a wink. Pidge's cheeks flared bright red as she quickly turned and ran to pick up the box from earlier and sped off. 

"And that is how it's done."

Lance glared slightly. 

"Oh, you are a smug little prick, aren't you."

"I take that as a compliment, sharpshooter."

~~~

"Paladins! A Galra fleet is attacking!"

[Y/n] shot out of bed, the blanket momentarily catching onto her foot but it slid off as she ran down the hall to her hanger. Rea was running beside her, satchel in her mouth as it dragged behind her. [Y/n] momentarily stopped to pick it up and let Rea hop inside before putting it on. She slid into her white and light grey paladin suit, putting the satchel with Rea in it over it, and grabbed her bayard, sliding down and grabbing onto the zip line. Her helmet reflected off the lights from above, casting a slight glare into her eyes. He was dropped into her pod as it raced down toward her lion, which waited patiently in the hangars. 

"Alright, first official fight with the rest of the crew."

Rea tilted her head as she watched her caretaker get her things together. 

"Hey, I count it as the first official one because it's a fleet this time, not just a few cargo ships. Now, you ready, Rea?"

Rea made a high-pitched coo in response. 

"Then let's blow some purple dudes up!"

The White Lion flared to life as it sprung out of the hangar. Sure, it wasn't very strong or not well armored, but it was fast as hell. Barrel rolls and pivots were done in a flash, all the while shooting lasers out of the tail tip. 

That's pretty bad ass. 

"Woohoo! Why didn't you guys tell me this was so fun!?", [Y/n] yelled, adrenaline pumping wildly in her veins. A few chuckles came from the comms. 

"Focus, [Y/n]. We need to take out this fleet before it reaches the castle."

"Sweet, real life simulators! I'm digging this!"

[Y/n]'s fun was cut short as she was pelted with several shots of light.

"NEVER MIND, THIS IS NOTHING LIKE THE SIMULATOR!"

[Y/n] grunted as she jerked the levers, avoiding the lasers to the best of her ability. The tail lasers could only shoot thin lasers, targeting one at a time. Adrenaline pulsed through [Y/n]'s veins, powering her every movement to be sharp and quick. 

"[Y/n], look out!"

[Y/n] jerked one of the levers to avoid an oncoming ion blast, which instead hit the drones behind her. 

"Phew! Thanks, Pidge!"

"No problem!"

~~~

[Y/n] sighed as she flopped onto the couch, sprawling over the cushions. 

"Come on, [Y/n]. Again?", Lance grumbled, looming over the couch. Pidge walked into the room and groaned seeing that the couch was already taken.  [Y/n] smirked while placing her arms above her head, basically screaming "hah sucks to be you". Rea leaped from the satchel on the floor onto [Y/n]'s stomach, curling up and making a low cooing sound. 

"Y'know, I think me and Rea are pretty comfy right here. You're gonna have to wait a while."

Lance groaned in defeat as he trudged to a hallway, possibly to go to his room or to train. Pidge glared at [Y/n] who smugly smirked back. 

"Can I help you out, Pigeon?"

Pidge walked over so she stood directly in front of the couch. 

"Move over."

"Eh?"

"I said move over, fat ass."

Pidge shoved [Y/n] over, pushing her to the back of the couch. Rea jumped up from surprise and  onto the very top of the couch from [Y/n]'s stomach. Pidge climbed onto the couch, laying on her side to fit onto the limited space. 

"Uh, hey? Come here often?", [Y/n] asked awkwardly, grinning slightly. 

"Just shut up, I'm tired."

"That's new. Since when were you ever tired?"

"Since I had a crash when we got back. Now shut the fuck up."

"Okay, Pigeon."

"And don't call me Pigeon."

"Okay..."

A moment passes.

"Pigeon."

"Fuck you."

"Pidge, that's gay."

"Can you not?"

[Y/n] laughed and rolled to face the back of the couch and clambered to sit on the top of the back. 

"You can have the couch. I don't want a rapid Pigeon running wild."

"I swear to god, I will kill you in your sleep."

"But you're the one sleeping."

"I won't if you keep pulling this shit."

"Ha ha, fuck you too."

"Gay."

"My jokes have been turned against me."

"Hell yeah, now begone you annoyance or I will not hesitate."

"Sure, Pidge. You love me too much."

"Sadly, it's true."

"Sadly- Bitch!"