Chapter 2

The ride to the party is silent, very uncomfortable to me but he seems very relaxed and content. Finally we arrive, I jump out of the truck and sprint knowing he is behind me but he catches me, wraps his strong arms around my waist and fireworks go off on my skin at our contact points, but I just brush out off, then he pulls me into him until my back meets his front. Trying to run was not my smartest idea and neither was struggling against him.

"I'm not going to hurt you. Now I'm going to let you go and take your hand then we're going to drink and party!" he says in a slightly breathy tone.

He unwraps his arms from of my stomach and takes my hand, I actually miss the warmth, and sparks I almost try to get back into his arms...almost.

We walk in the house to blaring loud music, the smell of alcohol, and girls crowding around Sam and giving me the stink eye. I try to walk away from him and the situation because I'm uncomfortable and slightly jealous but he makes stay, placing a death grip on my hand.

"Keels! It's that you?" I hear someone practically screams, the voice it's slightly familiar. Slowly I turn around but I have to stop midway into my turn because of Sam's grip, but eventually he turns around do I can see who called my name. How considerate, sweet, and cute is he? Stop thinking like that Star.

As I look at the person I notice it's someone I haven't seen since first grade. "Leah?! it's that you?" I try to run over to her but I'm reminded that my hand it's caught in a death grip.

"Introduce me to your friend and then I'll leave you to talk to her while I get us drinks. So coke and rum or gin and juice?" he asks.

"Ok fine...I want gin and juice please. Now come on she's waiting. And maybe she'll fall all over you like the other girls and y'all could get together." I mutter the last part sarcastically.

"I heard you. Are you...jealous? Well no need to be because I really like you and I hate when girls throw themselves at guys." Sadly the only part I really listened to out of the whole speech was 'I really like you.'

"I'm not jealous, I'm just stating fact."

We finally make our way over to a very excited Leah. "It's really you Lee! What's up, wait what are you doing here of all places?" I tell over the blaring music.

"Everything is awesome, nothing much it's going on, and I'm here because my boyfriend is on the football team. Anyways are you going to introduce me to your boyfriend?" she replies.

"He's n--" I start but I'm rudely interrupted by none other than the devil himself...Sam.

"Hello I'm Star's boyfriend Sam, all-star of the basketball team." Although the words seen cocky he made them sound humble, then he turns and smirks at me and I just want to smack it off. "I'm going to get drinks, would you like anything Leah?"

"No but thanks for offering." Leah answers back.

"Ok I'll be back, if I don't see you when I come back, it was very nice to meet you."

"We will talk about this later." I whisper in his ear. Then he walks to what looks like a kitchen.

"So how has life been since I last saw you?" Leah asks with a raised eyebrow.

"It's been wonderful, you know different school every one to three years. But now I go to St. Cecilia and I love it, but my brother is causing huge problems at home and shaking up my life." I sat walking over to an empty couch.

"Really?! When we were kids he was so sweet, what happened?" She seems very interested and concerned by this. This was the girl who held my deepest darkest secrets along with Catera and Mikayla. Some might think 'what kind of secrets could a first grader have?' Quite a lot actually.