Chapter 1: Leaving Home

(Play music whenever, I put that song there because I like it and Its one of the songs Jack listens to in this book.)

-Jacks POV-

I shot up, gasping for air. He would never do that to me, would he? I laughed a little. Of course not, jackass. he loves you! Even if you don't love you... I shook of the dream and got up. I began stretching when a knock on the door stopped me. I waited for my ma or dad to open it for whoever it was. The person knocked again, so I had to open it.

"Ah. Mr.Mclauchlin?" I nodded. "Do you live with your parents?" I nodded again. "And, when's the last time you saw them?" You had to think about this one.

"Yesterday morning, I guess." The man nodded.

"And, you aren't suspicious as why they disappeared?" You shrugged. "Well, I'm sorry to be saying this to you now, but your father is in prison." I felt puzzled, scared, and ready to punch this guy for lying.

"W-why is he in p-prison?" I asked, studdering.

"He's been accused of murdering your mother." I felt my heart drop into my stomach and burn in the acids of hate and sadness I had dwelling in there. "Aparientally someone saw him jump out of his car while driving it off a cliff, I think. But, I won't get into details." He said, fixing his stupid shades. Which, he had on in fall. Why? I have no fucking clue anymore!

"So, where will I be living?"

"You'll be living with your uncle." Great. I thought. That guy. Haven't heard from him in what...15 years? I let out a sigh, but the man obviously didn't hear me. "Why don't you pack up, and the social worker will be by in about an hour." (I know about social workers because I went into Foster Care while I was in 3rd grade, then got adopted in 6th)

All I could do was nod. He left the house handing me a piece of paper. "Call if you need anything." I nodded again, not having any words at all.

I watched his car drive away, closed the door, then fell onto my couch and all of the hate and sadness I had dwelling inside my stomach bursted out as I sobbed. I sobbed and sobbed for 20 minutes. Why would he do that? He would never do that to my ma, he would never hurt unless he had to! I finally got off of the couch and went into the bathroom. At least I don't have to go to hell, today. I thought. I looked in the mirror. My eyes were red from tears, and hatred. I sighed. But this time, there was no one to hug me until I felt warm.

Now, I'll always be cold. I looked around. Where did I- I picked it up. I'm gonna need you more now, ain't I? I thought. I rolled up my sleeve, preparing for impact. I could feel my arm bleeding already. I put it to my skin, and began to press down when a knock stopped me. I looked at the door, then to my arm. Fine! But I will need you. I put it in my pocket, and walked over to the door.

I opened the door to a women with a pink...everything, blonde hair, a clipboard, and too much happiness going on. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, don't be like that, you handsome young man." I opened the door more for her to come in.

"I thought you were coming in an hour." I said.

"Yes, but I thought you'd be done packing by now, dear." She said. With all the sarcasm and fake pep I could, I coppied her.

"No, dear. I was just informed 25 minutes ago my ma died." She looked at me. I shrugged.

"You're one good actor!" She said. I rolled my eyes again. If I'm lucky, my eyes will roll out of my sockets. I walked to my room.