Chapter Seven

"Nazz and Nat sent me a lot of messages and voicemails," Kevin said.
"I know."
"You know? How did you know?"
"Because they left me a message as well." Eddward tried to put his hat back on but Kevin snatched it and put it on his head instead.
"Why would they leave you messages too?"
"Because Grant is after you. He's been looking out for you all day."
Kevin froze and remembered what happened yesterday but then thought about Eddward's words.
"How do you know all of this?"
"Nazz asked me to keep you here before I walked in on you naked."
Hurt flashed through Kevin only to be taken over by anger.
"So is that why you slept with me? As a quick distraction?"
"What? Where did that idea come from?"
Kevin glared at Eddward before yelling louder.
"Nazz told you to make sure I didn't leave, right? I practically threw myself  at you today and you used that as-"
"Don't you dare finish that sentence, Kevin," Eddward yelled.
"Or what, you double idiot!" Eddward took a deep breath in and calmed down a bit. He looked at Kevin with confusion and hurt; Kevin saw this and felt guilty but held his glare.
"Why would I use that as a way to keep you here?"
"You tell me!"
"No, you tell me, Kevin! Why are you doing this now after what we just shared?" Kevin turned away from Eddward and sat with an angry frown. With a sigh, Eddward stood up and began to gather everything.
"Where are you going," Kevin grumbled. Edd looked at him coldly before walking away.
He'd completely ignored Kevin, which angered the orange haired boy further.
"Hey! I'm talking to you!"
Eddward said nothing but did slam the door to his room. Kevin crossed his arms and sat there by the fire.

Kevin woke up on the couch with a blanket covering him. He heard murmuring and opened his eyes slightly to see Eddward talking with someone.
"Well if Grant wants Kevin then he'll have to come through me." There was a pause and Kevin opened his eyes more to look at Edd.
"I know the risk and I'm well prepared to handle them....I don't know, Eddy, but I'll think of something." Double D looked back to see Kevin had woken up.
"I'll talk to you later. I have to go." Without any more words, he'd ended the call.
"Sorry if I woke up. I made dinner for you when you want it." Edd was about to leave but Kevin stopped him.
"Wait, you aren't going to eat with me?" Eddward wanted so badly to eat with him, to talk with him, to hold him; but the conversation they'd had earlier struck a cord inside him that was too fresh to ignore.
"No, I have work to do tonight. I'll eat breakfast with you in the morning.
Kevin knew the real reason but that didn't stop the pain. He'd said all those mean things to him just minutes after they'd had sex. The kicker in it all? What he said was uncalled for. Before falling asleep he'd thought on why he said those things and none of the answers lead back to Eddward.
He got up and made his way to Eddward's room. He tried opening the door but it had been locked.
Kevin was about to knock but thought better of it and decided to go home instead. He needed to give Eddward his space right now.
Eddward knew that Kevin had left and felt terrible about it. He'd locked his door out of habit but couldn't bring himself to unlock it when Kevin came. He thought his pumpkin would knock on the door but when he heard the defeated sigh he knew Kevin was going to leave. He could no longer focus on his work and opted for sleeping instead.

"I should have been here," Kevin said to Nazz who sported a bruise on her cheek.
"If you would have been here then he would have done worst," Nazz said.
"If I would have been here he wouldn't have had to hit you."
"Kevin-"
"No Nat, its true. If I would have been here then-"
"He would have sent you to the hospital," Nat interrupted.
"Nat is right, Kevin. You need to be careful."
Kevin felt hopeless and guilty. First Eddward and now Nazz and Nate. He couldn't do anything while his best friends were being hurt, and he had possibly ruined things with Eddward.

Two days later and Eddward had still been avoiding Kevin in any way he could. When they walked to school together, he'd place his headphones in and walked. At lunchtime, they sat at different tables across the room from each other. Kevin would wait at Eddward's practice's then when they went home he'd place his headphones in. He'd tried talking, passing notes, texting, nothing would work. Now, he'd had enough. Today he would talk with Eddward no matter what.
After Kevin's last class he'd followed Edd subtly around until he could finally get him alone. He'd laughed with Ed and Eddy, he'd talk to teachers, he also talked with his club members until he was finally walked alone. Kevin took that chance and took his hand from his pocket.
"Eddward, wait." Edd stiffened before looking down at Kevin.
"Is something wrong? Has anything happened?"
"Y-yes, something is wrong," Kevin replied like a hurt puppy, only he wasn't hurting as much as Edd was.
Double D allowed Kevin to take him in an empty classroom but hadn't realized that Kevin locked the door.
"Kevin?"
"Eddward I'm sorry, okay? I know what I said that day was a stupid and I had no valid reasons to say what I did. I took out my frustrations with everything on you and it was wrong of me." Eddward didn't look at Kevin at all. He looked off to the side and said nothing but heard every word.
"Eddward, say something," Kevin pleaded.
"Kevin-"
"No, don't call me Kevin. Call me that dumb name you always call me." Eddward paused then sighed.
"Tell me, that what we did meant something to you. Tell me what we felt in that last moment was real." Double D couldn't face Kevin now. If Kevin gave him the negative answer