Chapter Two

Kevin rubbed the spot on his forehead that Edd had thumped. Every time he made a mistake, Edd would thump him without mercy.
"That hurts you Double Jerk!" The name was created when Kevin found out Edd spelled his name with two D's together instead of one by itself.
"A semicolon can only be used when the two sentences can stand alone. Now do the third one again and tell me colon or semicolon." Kevin nodded and looked at the next question on the paper. When he finished, he looked up to Edd with big, pleading eyes and a slight pout.
"Umm, is the answer a colon?"
When Eddward brought his fingers together, Kevin closed his eyes and prepared himself for the small sting on his forehead.
What he hadn't expected was for Edd to tap his forehead softly and smirk down at him.
"You are correct. Good job Kevin." Eddward's watched the small boy's face go from shock to happiness like an evolutionary phenomenon. The smile that Kevin had given him made him feel things he was never allowed to feel before.
"Now that you did that one, try the rest on your own." Kevin eagerly began his given task, wanting to make Eddward proud of him. Edd left the room when Eddy called him.
"What is it? I'm a little busy right now."
"Yeah yeah okay, listen Sock-Head; tomorrow we are going to prank the principle and I need a gas that stinks so bad that his eyes will bleed."
"Will tears suffice? Its impossible to make someone bleed out from the eyes by stench alone."
"Fine, just make it good!"
"Alright, bring me two pairs of Ed's socks and one of his shoes."
"Already on my way." When Eddy hung up, Kevin had rushed into the room and gave him the paper before taking a few steps back. Edd read each one carefully and smiled down at Kevin. He walked over to him and ruffled his hair a bit.
"The last question was a bit tricky so I won't hold it against you. A comma goes there." Kevin pouted in disappointment but the expression left as quick as it came when Edd tilted his head up so they were looking eye to eye.
"Don't beat yourself up, Pumpkin. It was a trick question." Eddward walked past him and headed for the door.
"Wait, you're leaving?"
"Yeah, I have things to do for tomorrow."
"Oh, okay." Edd heard the disappointment in the orange haired boy's voice and chuckled.
"I didn't know you would miss me before I even walked out the door, Pumpkin."
"No! It's not like that!" Kevin felt his face heat up and knew that his face had turned red.
"Whatever you say. I'll be over here tomorrow to come and get you. We're walking to school together."
"O-okay?"
Once Edd had gone, Kevin began to complete the rest of his homework.

The next day, Kevin woke up to the annoying sound of birds chirping outside his window. He groaned and rolled over before putting his head under his pillow in an attempt to block out the sound. When he moved, however, he felt a warm body next to him and stiffened.
"Morning Pumpkin."                                                                                                                                                          Kevin screamed and fell from his bed, tangled in his comforter. He then glared up at the smirking Eddward before standing.
"Why are you in my bed, shirtless?"
"Your mother let me in. As to why I'm shirtless, semicolon, I wanted to see your reaction, Semicolon, although scaring you weren't my intentions I must say your reaction was quite hysterical." Kevin blushed and looked away from him before continuing.
"Why are you here anyway?"
"I told you already," Double D said standing up, "we were walking to school from now on, did I not?"
Kevin looked at his alarm clock and whined.
"But it's so early!" Eddward put his shirt on then looked to Kevin's pouting face.
"Contrary to reputation, I'm always on time if I'm early. Today, specifically, I have a few things to do today. Now then." Kevin found himself trapped on his bed somehow by Eddward. He was so caught up in how early it was that he hadn't realized that Edd had walked over to him after dressing himself.
"Are you going to get dressed or must I assist you, Pumpkin." Kevin blushed and pushed Eddward away from him before getting up to grab his clothes.
"No thanks, Semicolon, I can get dressed!" Eddward let out a deep chuckle.
"Period, not the semicolon." Kevin blushed then left the room.