Chapter 12--The Cake From France

Harper

After the half-time show, Logan disappeared. He was just gone. The Misfits and I sat back on the bleachers to watch the rest of the game but Logan didn't join us. Every so often I would look around to see if maybe he had gone to sit with someone else. But I couldn't find him.

Dancing with him was breathtaking. I didn't think we'd actually flow together. We'd never choreographed anything to the song, but Logan was there to catch me like it was second nature to him. I didn't have to tell him what to do or where to go because he already knew. And once he finally seemed to lose himself into the dance, I branched away to give him a solo. And that's when he really took off.

There's still so much I don't understand about Logan. But his dancing isn't one of them. And when he was dancing with me...I don't think I've ever had a partner like him. Even the Misfits were awestruck.

"Don't worry," Kris says as she catches me looking around again. "He had to go do something."

I check my phone—somewhat sullen that Logan texted Kris and not me. "You sure he's ok?" I ask hesitantly.

"He'll be fine," Kris urges. But her look says otherwise. She quickly looks away and back towards the field.

I try to enjoy the rest of the game. Vincent manages to assist with another goal. By the end of the game the scoreboard reads two to zero. The stands full of students cheer loudly as our team gets together for their celebratory group hug. I force myself to stop thinking of Lo. He probably is fine. I'm just overthinking everything. Besides, Vincent won and I should be supporting him right now for his victory.

"I'm going to meet Vincent on the field," I tell the Misfits. They smile at me and I quickly get up and make my way back onto the field.

The soccer team is shaking hands with their opponents. A few guys trade shirts. I make my way towards Vincent and his soccer pals. They're all standing around and drinking from their water bottles. A group of girls surrounds them and I can't help but roll my eyes and grin. They're flipping their hair and laughing at jokes that Vincent's friends are telling.

I pick up my pace until I'm jogging. When I come up on Vincent, I jump on his back wrapping my arms around his neck and legs around his torso. He instinctively grabs my legs to stabilize us, looking over his shoulder with a big smile on his face.

"Congratulations Vinny," I lean forward and kiss the edge of his lip lightly. He's all sweaty and there's grass all over his body. I brush some off his cheek before he puts me down and turns around.

I catch a glance from his teammates. A few are grinning at me widely while the others are wiggling their eyebrows. I wave at all of them and they wave back. "Hey guys," I say.

"Nice job out their Harper," One of them says.

"Is it true you can put your foot over your head?" I scoff when Vincent's team make asks. I take a step away from my boyfriend. I grab my foot and stretch it over my head before leaning to the side to show off. The soccer players laugh and whistle. The one that asked shakes his head at Vincent saying, "Now I'm jealous."

Vincent laughs and pulls me close as soon as I let my foot down. Even though he's wet with sweat and desperately needs a shower, I don't care. "You did so great out there," Vincent says putting his forehead on mine. "The way you and Logan did that duet, amazing."

I laugh and press my lips quickly to his. Vincent grips me tightly around the waist. We pull away the moment his friends all start to cat call. Vincent grabs my hand and we quickly grab his soccer bag. He changes his sweaty shirt out with a dry tank top and quickly slips his shin guards and cleats off to replace them with a regular pair of shoes.