Gundham Tanaka Stampede

((A/N: Based on how after Gundham is selected as the most likely suspect, Kazuichi doesn't say anything for the rest of the trial. Think of this fic taking place in my omegaverse AU, but the difference is that Hikari and Izuru aren't their siblings in this. Also here, some people have hidden their second genders.))

-----------

As trial was coming to a close, with Gundham Tanaka was likely the culprit, Hajime realized an absence of speech from a particular person. He glanced at Kazuichi from the corner of his eye. Isn't this when the pinkette would start arguing with Gundham or attempting to win over Sonia or something? He was just staring downwards, expressionless.

Hajime believed he'd seen that expression before but he had no time to attempt to place it as noise had grown from the others, drawing his attention back to the task at hand, pushing Kazuichi's behaviour to the back of his mind.

*****

Gundham was indeed the culprit alright. Looking around the room, Hajime tried to decipher everone's expressions. Sonia was saddened greatly, Akane was angered and the others, save for Nagito, were in turmoil as well. Again, Hajime looked at Souda.

The pinkette just looked at the farthest wall, pink eyes dull and lifeless, expression unreadable. His scent was undetectable as well, however it was likely that it was being drowned out by omegan waves of distress, however, Hajime was thrown for a loop as he tried to think up who's it was.

However his mind was thrown back to the present and away from prior thoughts as Monokuma gleefully announced that Gundhams execution was about to start.

*****

The execution drew to a close, Gundham having been killed by the animal's he'd devoted himself to. Sonia cried softly, sadness rolling off of her.

The same omegan scent wafted through the courtroom, drowning out all other's. It conveyed sorrow and anguish  and.... Despair.  And it seemed he was not the only one to notice it. Everyone tried to find the source, even Nagito seemed surprised and confused, a rareity for the unpredictable alpha.

Hajime's eyes landed on Kazuichi once again, quickly realizing with a start that the scent was coming from him. The pinkette, despite his scent, remain as he was during the trial, no emotion displayed at all, his normally eccentric and at times overly emotional demeanor entirely replaced by a mask of stoic indifference.

"Puhuhu!!!" Monokuma chortled, tearing threw the confused silence of the courtroom, " My my my!!!! How exciting!!! What a reaction!!! Or lack of, if ya ask me!!!"

"What are you talking about?" Hajime asked.

"Well ya see! Normally when a death occurs someone in here is always pretty shook up about it! But when their own destined is the one whodunnit, they're not even crying! How despairing coldhearted!!!" Monokuma elaborated, breaking off into his usual grating cackle, " Aaaaaahahaha!!!!"

Destined? Not even crying? Hajime subconciously looked at Kazuichi once again and it clicked.

'Gundham was Kazuichi's Destined,' the thought rang through his head.

"Kazuichi...?" Hajime breathed absentmindedly, but it was like he had screamed it, as everyone began to stare at the pinkette.

"Kazuichi?" Sonia repeated, before realization dawned among the rest of them. Kazuichi was Gundham's Destined. Kazuichi is an omega.

"Hey!! Kazuichi!" Akane yelled, with not even the slightlesa response from the omega.

"Hey bastard!" Fuyhiko shouted, however his concern was evident from the lack of anger behind it. "Answer us, damn it!"

Kazuichi remained silent. However he did raise his head, which had been turned away from the moment  Monkuma had spoken. His pink orbs had gone from vibrant bubblegum hues to dying rose petals.

"Just drop it," the pinkette said quietly, "I'm fine."

No you're aren't. We can all see it.

"Kazuichi! You cannot just-" Sonia began grabbing the aforementioned teen's arm only for it to be yanked from her grasp.

"I. Said. Drop. It. Sonia," Kazuichi growled, leaving no room for arguement.

The elevator opened, the teens  filled inside silently, no one spoke.

However Hajime could have sworen he saw tears stream down Kazuichi's face before the shorter entered his cottage.

--------

((A/N: I hate myself. I am awful *cries*))