Chapter Three

When I awake the next morning I find I'm once again alone. The open window still lets in the cold fall air. I do my best to hobble out of bed and go close it. It takes a lot of effort, considering I just woke up and my leg is still throbbing.

After closing it I lay back in the bed. I look at the bedside clock. It's been two days since I last saw my sister. I couldn't help but wonder if she was okay, was she worried about me? However today is also painful for a different reason. I think back to the picture in the cabinet. It was taken 9 years ago now. The day 9 years ago my life spiraled downwards.

A small knock on the door snaps me back to reality. "Come in" I rasp, my voice going hoarse. Probably because of the rapid changing weather.

A small petite woman, maybe just a little older than me walks in. She looks bright and cheery. "Good morning miss" she cheers happily. "I hope you slept well last night" she sings. "I slept fine, thank you" I tried keeping the uncertainty from my voice but failed miserably. She didn't seem to notice however. "Oh you poor thing, you sound awful" she frowns.

My only thought is ,why the hell is she acting like my mother. "Don't worry, I'll go fetch Alpha Mason" she claps. Wait who the fuck is Alpha Mason?

"Alpha who" I inquire. "Oh yes, he's the new Alpha silly. He overthrew that wretched old one. I'm quite glad he did" she argues. "Alpha Jon was a great Alpha. Better than whoever the hell this Mason person is" I fire back. She glares.

"So" she snaps, her voice gone from sweet to sour, " Your one of those goody two shoes who always follow along with the rules huh? I'll have you know you little b-" "I'll have you know Maria you've overstepped your place" a deep low growl says.

"Alpha Mason, I-I-I"
"You tried to defy an order. One given to you by your Alpha"
"I'm s-s"
"Leave" he growls.

I look up and see the same guy from the other day. Since there is actually light in the room now I can make him out better. His hair is a dark black that gives of a purple like tint in the light. Other than that I can make out the perfectly sculpted, red eyed immortal easily.

"What do you want" I snap. "Your not three one who's allowed to ask questions" his deep voice says. "I'm not the one allowed to ask questions? Last time I checked I was the one knocked unconscious, given a serious leg injury, then drug back here to be held captive. So yes I think I do have the right to ask questions" I rasp, my voice already getting quieter.

I also feel a slight headache and an itch at the back of my through making me cough. "Your sick" he comments. I roll my eyes "No shit Sherlock" my voice comes out feebly. "Respect your Alpha " he growls. "I don't know who you think you are, but you're not my alpha, nor will you ever be" I growl.

"Go ahead then keep up your little act, you'll learn pretty quickly it won't get you far" he chided. Before I have any chance to make a witty comeback I'm running to the bathroom. To unceremoniously vomit my guts out. With nothing in my system to throw up though, it leaves my body trying to throw up, but to no avail.

Now let me tell you when your trying to be defiant, and stubborn, running to the bathroom to like your guts out is the worst possible thing you can do . Especially when the one your arguing with is the one holding you hair out of your face.

Mason, bends down to pick me up, and I do my best at what I call getting away. So really I mean when he picked me up I kept wiggling around like a worm until he eventually gave up and threw me over his shoulder and licked in place. Then I remembered I'm wearing lacy underwear and a T-shirt. "Put me down" I cried. I resorted to punching and kicking him which just made him laugh. "Why" he muses "so I can't see your ass, it's actually quite nice." He reached a hand up and swatted me on my ass making me lean back the best I could and punched him square in his stupid perfect jaw. That made him drop me.

"What the hell, who do you think you are" I screeched. He just smirked "the new alpha." I tried to ignore the throbbing in my leg where he dropped me. But eventually my leg gave out and I fell down again.

I let out a sharp yelp and gripped my leg. Soon enough blood started pouring out of my leg. And it hurt like a bitch. A small whine came from the back of my throat without my permission. The pain literally felt like being repeatedly stabbed. And my eyes began to water.

This time when the immortal went to pick me up I didn't protest. He held me close and quickly took me to a medic. They took out a needle and I quickly hobbled away on one leg. "No" was all I said. "You sure y'all tough for someone who's afraid of a small needle" he inquired, raising an eyebrow. I didn't say nothing and just looked at him.

Mason shook his head and sighed. The medic just stayed there with the needle in hand not knowing what to do. Mason walked over to me, I backed away. He rolled his eyes, backed me into a corner, and picked me up bridal style.

"It's not gonna be that bad" he promised. His voice no longer harsh and threatening rather than calming and soothing. I cling onto him like my life depended on me, he just held me.

I felt the needle sink deep into my skin and, if possible, cling to him even tighter. Mason just chuckled "Your good now" I nodded and saw the large cuts on my leg were stitched back up already.

"Wasn't that bad was it"
"It was and we not know it" I said. He just smiled and shook his head. My stomach growled and reminded me I was sick and hungry. "Want something to eat" he asked and I nodded.

As soon as he went to pick me up the doors of the medical room were thrust open. "Alpha" one of the guards panted "Kristyanna's sister, she's been murdered!"