Chapter Four

I sit there stunned and numb, no kind of feeling washed over me. I wait for the waves of pain to come rolling over me but they never do. I was to shocked to feel anything.

All I could think was how could my sweet, innocent little sister be killed. Better yet who would want to kill her, why?

Mason gives me the same passive look as always. Yet deep within them I can see something stirring. But I feel to dazed to try to even think. "Kristyanna" Masons deep voice asks, the same monotone as always. I don't even bother to look up.

Dead. My little sister is dead, that seems to be how I feel. That is how I feel, like I don't have anything else to live for anymore. There is no emotion. No pain, no sadness, no grief or worry. I'm just dead. The last piece of life I had been so desperately clinging to had died with my sister. Just like all the other pieces. Now there was nothing left, nothing to cling on to, nothing to hope for.

It took me a minute to realize I was back in the same room I was kept locked away in. Even the sun had begun to set. Yet I don't remember any of it. Not a thing. I still feel nothing.

I just sit there and stare.

After who knows how long, the door slowly creeks open. The pitch black room does not allow me to see who it is. I can't see a single thing. The bed shifts beside me, sinking down under someone's weight.

Ever so gently they reach up and pull me down, forcing me to lay on the bed. There touch sends warm tingles through out my entire being, even stronger than before. My mates soothing scent fills my sense of smell drowning everything else out. He smells like pine and citrus. It makes my mouth water.

Being in his presence, as unknown as it is, brings me back from my dead like state. And for the first time those strong waves of pain hit. Drowning me underneath them. Sobs wrack my body and take my breath. Salty tears run down my face. This is what I had been waiting for earlier. For the pain to drag me under.

My mates strong arms wrapped around me, pulling me securely against him. His hands came up and wiped away my tears. He didn't try to shush me or reassure me. He just let me cry, to feel some being, lurking deep within me claw at my heart. Tearing what had been left to shreds. I felt like I couldn't breathe.

"It should've been me" I gasped out, the words broken up between sobs. That made a monstrous growl erupt through my mates throat. It distorted his deep words making the voice unknown. "I don't ever want to hear you say that ever again baby girl."

"Well then it's to bad it's true" I whispered. His grip tightened on me for a moment before releasing me. However he didn't comment. He held me until my sobs died down to the occasional sniffs.

He rubbed soothing, calming circles on my back, occasionally playing with strands of my hair. His hands came up to massage my shoulders and neck making me relax into him. Even though I had no clue who he was or what he looked like I felt safe. He radiated a feeling of safety. I knew no one could hurt me with him around.

I sat there and cuddled up into his chest. "Who are you" I asked, my curiosity finally getting the best of me. "Don't worry about that right now princess" his husky voice made me shiver, although it was still strangely distorted. That made him chuckle. In that moment I was grateful for the immense darkness, feeling the deep blush creeping onto my face.

"Sleep" he said. "No" was my simple reply. He growled "You need to."
"I don't need to do anything" I reminded.
"Why are you so difficult" he growled.
"At least you know who I am and look like" I snapped.
"Just give me a-"
"A couple what, days to reveal who you really are to your mate. I mean sure go ahead leave her in the dark. There's no harm in that. I'm pretty sure she wouldn't care at all" I sassed.
"Drop, the, attitude" he growled slowly.
"Make me" I challenged.

That was the wrong thing to do. I couldn't even think before he had me pinned beneath him on the bed. He brushed his lips against my neck peppering enticing tingling kisses. I moaned when he found my sweet spot, the place I was destined to be marked. He relentlessly teased it and nipped it, sure to leave a dark bruise. Once he decided he was done he kissed it. Then licked it for good measure. "Make sure you actually think it through before you disobey me" he said.

I was on the verge of sleep. But I wanted to stay awake. "Sleep" he gently said one more time. This time I listened only because I was tired, not because he told me to do it. He chuckled "good girl" were his last words before I drifted off to sleep.
..................
I didn't get much sleeping actually done though. In my dream I was back in front of my very first house. Me and my little sister on our way back home from getting a few pictures developed.

As soon as I opened the door to the house I was horrified by what I saw. I threw my sister outside, telling her to stay there. Inside my mother, father, and big brother laid on the ground in a large pool of all of their blood. Their bodies were dismembered, almost unrecognizable.

There was a note taped to the counter. "I'll be back Kristyanna, but I've decided to be generous and give you some time. I'll be back for you and your sister. When your older."
..............
I woke up with a scream, early morning light creeping through the windows. Beside me their was a shuffle in the bed. The same scent from last night. I looked beside me to see the last person I would of have thought to been my mate. Mason.

He looked up at me, but seemed more worried about what I had been screaming about than me finding him out.