5

CONFESSION #2

Nami was feeling unwell during the morning. Was it because of she's getting ill? No. The odd thing about her uneasiness is that it's in her heart. She's feeling weird emotion that dwells inside her chest.

The weird feelings inside her didn't stop no matter how many things she tried. Robin seemed to notice this as Nami has a frustrated expression on her face.

It was already night and Robin and Nami went for a bath together.

"Are you okay? You looked like you had something wrong." She asked.

"I don't know. I've been having weird feelings in my heart since last week. And it keeps getting stronger." She replied quietly.

"Do you know the cause of this?"

Nami shook her head, "I don't know. But.."

"But what?"

"I noticed that whenever I talk with Luffy, my heart just beats faster." She said clueless.

To this, Robin smirked. "I see."

Nami looked at Robin questioningly, "What? Robin, you have to tell me! This feeling is killing me."

Robin chuckled, "Well, don't freak out."

Nami nodded.

"I think you've fallen in love for Luffy."

Nami eyes went wide, "What?!" Her voice rang throughout the ship.

Robin closed her eyes as she's not affected by her loud volume, "You yet to knowledge that feeling. Trust me, you love him."

Nami hugged her knees, "I do love him.. But as a friend."

"Are you sure? Sometimes feelings could fool you."

"I don't know."

"Why don't you ask Luffy? He may be having the same problem as you are." Robin smiled as she got out from the bath tub. "He's guarding the ship tonight." She continued as she winked.

During dinner, Nami ignored Luffy to the fullest and he noticed it. He wanted to ask her directly in the kitchen what happened but he knew that will only add more salt to the wound.

After dinner, before anyone could call her, she quickly went inside the women's quarters.

"What's wrong with her?" Asked Zoro.

"Nami said to me earlier that she wasn't feeling well." Robin replied as she helped Sanji with the plates.

"I should go check on her." Chopper was about to exit the room when Robin continued, "It'll be alright. She told me she just needs rest."

It was almost midnight and everyone retreated to their cabins except for Luffy who was on watch tonight, Zoro who was in the training room and Nami who couldn't sleep.

She think back at Robin's advice and decided to make things clear now.

She slowly exited the room and was sure to heard Robin saying good luck to her. She only smiled and closed the door.

Luffy noticed she was walking towards him and immediately spin to face her. "What's up?" He asked grinning.

"Luffy, the more you make happy faces like that the more I can't say it." She thought and didn't realized that she returned with a small smile.

"Are you okay? Robin told us that you're not feeling well." He asked concerned.

"Luffy. I have something to say and while I'm talking, don't talk. Let me finish it first." She said nervously.

"What if he doesn't like me back?" She thought bitterly. At this time, Luffy was looking at her with a serious face.

"I-I was having a really weird feeling from last week. And I found out that whenever we talk or see each other, my heart starter to beat faster and that feeling increased." She said and her face reddened as she grip on her jeans.

"I want to say that I like you. Not as a friend but as a person." She looked him at the eyes and that was a serious mistake. She didn't know where her courage came up and she wasn't able to tear her gaze with him.

"I know that we're better be just friends. That's why can you just reject-"

Before she could finish her painful words and lies. Luffy hugged her.

"Thank God!" He cried and sighed with relief.

"Luffy?" She called him confusingly, her face is still red with embarrassment.

He broke the hug and looked into Nami's eyes. "Actually, I have the same weird feeling too."

Nami's face went redder than before and her eyes reflected the moon's light. "Really?"

"Yeah, but I have no idea what to do with it. I'm really scared that you might reject me. You got me really worried during dinner when you ignored me." He grinned and put his arms at Nami's shoulders for support.

Her lips pouted and Luffy put his forehead against hers when,

"Look what we have here." The captain's first mate smiled at them. The smile that rarely comes out. Well, to say that it is rare is wrong as not all the members ever saw him with a smile as genuine as that.

Nami blushes and break her contact with Luffy's eyes and his arms fall back to his side and he sulked. "How long have you been there?" She asked panicking.

"Pretty sure I heard and saw everything." His smile grew wider.

"Zoro! You ruined everything!" Luffy sulked.

"Well sorry. But your secret is safe with me." He said assuredly as he sits down on the wooden floor.

Nami and Luffy joined him and sat in a row while facing the sea ahead of them.

"We've come a long way." Luffy muttered.

"Yeah." They both agreed and smiled to that.

"I'm really happy that I found you guys and be a part of my crew." He smiled.

The original trio smiled and they recalled many scenes back in their past together.