6

A Fight
(continuation from chapter 3 :)

Nami was sitting on her chair inside her navigation room. She refused to go outside ever since that Luffy pushed her to leave. Chopper visited her from time to time and Robin had just left the room after bringing dinner to her. She hadn't eat half of the day and now it's already almost midnight.

She looked at the tray of food which consists of her favourite meal, she was clearly hungry but she lost her appetite to eat. Sighing, she slowly grabbed the spoon and began eating silently.

While eating, a knock was heard from the door and she ignored it. She was forcing herself to eat and didn't want to deal with anyone at the moment.

The knocking wouldn't stop and she put her spoon down frustratingly. She opened the door only to be faced by a strong gust of wind that she'd fell to the ground with a loud thud.

The wind soon died down and she huffed for air while standing up. The atmosphere outside was windy and cold. She felt a liquid flowing down her left arm and found that there's a long cut that drew blood out, it stings more because of the wind though the cut wasn't deep.

She left the room and went into Chopper's to find bandages.

"Nami?"

She stopped searching and turned around to face Luffy, who had a concerned look plastered on his face. "What happened?" He motioned to the cut on her arm. "I heard a loud thud around your navigation room just now."

She was caught off guard by his behaviour compared to how he acted during the day, she didn't know how to react to his concern. She kept on a straight face and stayed silent.

"Say something!" Her mind shouted but all she was able to do was open her mouth a little with no words spoken.

"Are you still angry about what happened?" He asked quietly, he was staring straight into her eyes.

She didn't respond, well, she wanted to but didn't know how.

Is she still angry? Disappointed maybe? Or was just lost about what to feel at the moment?

The silent was growing loud and she only bite her lip in respond. She looked away and continued to search for the bandage.

"Nami, I know that I-"

"Just- I want to treat this wound first." She replied quickly and stopped what she was doing. "I'll be fine." She added and grabbed the bandage that was placed on the tray while cursed herself for not being able to spot it earlier.

She was treating her wounds silently without realising that Luffy is still standing by the door.

Once finishing, she puts the bandage back to its place and turned around.

Luffy placed his eyes on the floor, he looked very much guilty about how he acted during the day. But something in Nami made her angry about it.

"What are you doing? You're blocking the door and I told you that I'll be fine." She replied as her arms are crossed.

"I can't just leave you alone." He said quietly.

"I said that I'll be fine. Or is it that you don't even trust my words right now?" She replied, sounding angry.

Hearing this, Luffy lift his gaze to meet her eyes. He slowly approached her as she backs away.

"I need some time." She whispered in panic and Luffy stopped walking.

Nami walked passed him and crossed her arms feeling cold by the wind that blows in the room. "I know I upset you, Luffy. But I need time on my own for now."

Luffy took a step towards her and she took a step back towards the exit, "I didn't mean those words I've said."

Nami huffed in disbelief as she steps outside the medical room, "Those words are what lingered in your mind until they're forced to come through your mouth."

He was about to open his mouth when another strong gust of wind blew them and Nami shivered in cold.

"You should just die when you had the chance to." A hoarse voice sounded from behind her and she turned around.

"Nami!" Luffy reached for her but it's too late as she was stabbed by a man in a cloak. She fell to the wooden floor barely unconscious and the man laughed.

The wind died down once more and the man in cloak was about to escape the ship when a sword pierced through his leg and he falls down crying in pain. "How did you-!?"

"Sleeping pills don't work on me. I sleep and wake up when I want to." Zoro growled at him.

"Nami!" Chopper cried and ran towards Luffy who was carrying her to the medical room.

"What happened?" Usopp asked while shivering in cold. "And is it just me or does it feels really cold and windy out here?"

"Ask him." Zoro yawned and sat on the ground beside the man who was kneeling in pain.

"I simply want to kill that navigator-"

Luffy grabbed his neck furiously that he passed out.

"Luffy, calm down-"

"How can I calm down when he talks about Nami like that?" He snapped at Usopp angrily.

"Says the man who talks about Nami like that." Sanji lights his cigarette despite the wind.

"I messed up." He simply said before going back to the medical room.